The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

Found it, yeah I can do that logo easily, give me a couple days.

Looks like the stainless one is o.o.p.

Awesome! Thank you!

Yeah, I contacted “Cleanbottle” directly, on the very unlikely chance that they have any remnant stock or something, but haven’t heard back yet. Probably a dead end, but we’ll see, and I’ll keep looking.

I’m a bit confused about the size of the thing. The production used steel one is listed as 11in x 3in x 3in (27.94cm x 7.62cm x 7.62cm), with a 20 fl oz capacity, so I’m assuming that’s the size to go for. The plastic one is listed as 2.5in x 2.5in x 10.5in (6.35 x 6.35cm x 26.67cm), but 25 oz, which seems odd. Again, will keep digging.

Do you use Illustrator for your graphics? I assume vector graphics for scalability. How would you share your files if you don’t mind doing so? Sorry if any of these questions are obvious. I’m still getting my footing in this amazing community.

Thank you again for looking into this!

Yes, I use Illustrator. See my other thread regarding file sharing. I have no objection to providing finished artwork for use on props for an appropriate fee, but I no longer share files due to the abuse of the generosity of RPF members in the past that goes directly to digital recasting on Ebay. Nothing personal, I and other members have suffered from this so often, that I now only share digital artwork with friends.

Yes, I use Illustrator. See my other thread regarding file sharing. I have no objection to providing finished artwork for use on props for an appropriate fee, but I no longer share files due to the abuse of the generosity of RPF members in the past that goes directly to digital recasting on Ebay. Nothing personal, I and other members have suffered from this so often, that I now only share digital artwork with friends.

Yup! Totally understandable and duly noted. Thank you! :)

The show's amazing. Unfortunately the pistols (Amos' etc) are the most embarrassing, tiniest, toy looking pieces of trash I've ever seen. Look like a pea shooter. I'd skip trying to replicate that, and go for their rifles.

The show's amazing. Unfortunately the pistols (Amos' etc) are the most embarrassing, tiniest, toy looking pieces of trash I've ever seen. Look like a pea shooter. I'd skip trying to replicate that, and go for their rifles.

The pistols are built from gas airsoft guns, the rifles from AEGs. The Belter handgun is literally a Glock with a custom flashlight on the top and the Martian guns are modified from HS2000 service pistols - both real-life weapons. Not sure where you get 'embarrassing, tiniest, toy looking pieces of trash I've ever seen. Look like a pea shooter.' from :lol:.

Potential good news on the stainless steel version of The Square Clean Bottle (Miller’s whiskey bottle). I contacted the company directly, and while the original version used in the show is totally out of production, I received this response:

“Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, the stainless steel Square is no longer available and has not been made in a number of years. That said, we are planning to release a new version of it late this year, so check back with us in a few months and we should have more info for you.”

Hopefully the new version will have the same shape and dimensions as the one they used for production. Of course I’ll update here when that release happens, or if I get more details.

Not as good as the TraywickDesigns for the Chiappa Rhino D50 , but available on thingiverse : Chiappa Rhino 50DS- the expanse Miller by Ajaxjones
IMG_5151.JPG

also made a workbench in the style of

IMG_5118.JPG

The Expanse Inspired Workbench

Nice!

Just as an FYI, Miller's Rhino is identical to this one, except the grip is black. The texture is the same, and it also features the white lettering seen here. The gun was hijacked from a Protogen thug, so was not issued by Star Helix.

image355322-0c96e903b35465f8a7a06677c8326688.png

Not as good as the TraywickDesigns for the Chiappa Rhino D50 , but available on thingiverse : Chiappa Rhino 50DS- the expanse Miller by Ajaxjones
View attachment 1004076

also made a workbench in the style of

View attachment 1004077

The Expanse Inspired Workbench

Arrgh...having brightened an image of the whole bottle, there is more text in there, in blue, under the japanese. Without better reference an accurate replica is unlikely.

bottle3.jpg

Arrgh...having brightened an image of the whole bottle, there is more text in there, in blue, under the japanese. Without better reference an accurate replica is unlikely.

View attachment 1004577
Awesome!! Thanks for those! I was going to grab screencaps from the blu-ray myself, but working on other stuff - and actual work - hasn’t given me time yet.

Agreed that blue text is super frustrating!

I thought the text was Japanese too, but I used Google Translate’s handwriting tool, since I got a C- in level 2 Japanese in Japan. In other words my Kanji sucks! Anyway, Google says it’s actually Chinese (makes sense too). It says, “威士忌酒”, Wēishìjì jiǔ, which isn’t super helpful, unfortunately. It just means Whisky.

Guessing that the blue text is Chinese as well. If anyone can make it out, it would be a huge help!

I think you’re right - we’re extremely unlikely to be able to replicate it accurately without a better reference. That’s really disappointing. I’ll still probably get a Square Clean Bottle if I can track one down, or if the new one is the right size when it comes out at the end of this year. Maybe someone somewhere will have a better reference, or idea of the text before then.

In the meantime, I’m almost done with my Agatha King mug and will keep updating on my other thread.

Thanks again, Birdie, for posting these screenshots, and for inspiring me to start doing these replicas on my own! Your work and comments posted here really helped motivate me to start work on my project!

I actually just went frame for frame on my 40" flatscreen. Pretty certain the blue letters are also Chinese. The top looks like SG CCI ?? At a certain angle it almost looks like SG Optics.

By the way, that glass is definitely the Bormioli Rocco Cassiopea Glass, as identified by Mike J. earlier in this thread. I got a set of four, but I accidentally bought the wrong size. The 33cl Rocks Glass seemed like the obvious choice, but the one Miller uses, and in the screencap you posted, is taller. Must be the 41cl “Tumbler”. So I’m ordering those too. Haven’t decided yet whether I’m going to return the Rocks Glasses. They’re nice.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back