"The Empire Strikes Back" just a carbon copy of "2001: A Space Odyssey"?

Besides what stuff the Matrix itself copied, how about all the tons of movies that copied the Bullet time effect. Parody or not, that would be a pretty big list.
Wasn't bullet time actually introduced in the Lost in Space movie? Not to the extent of The Matrix, but I seem to remember it was done when they went into hyperspace. Or did I dream that? I haven't watched the Lost in Space movie since it first came out on home video.

Wasn't bullet time actually introduced in the Lost in Space movie? Not to the extent of The Matrix, but I seem to remember it was done when they went into hyperspace. Or did I dream that? I haven't watched the Lost in Space movie since it first came out on home video.
Forgot about that.
Not sure how they achieved the effect, but it was a very short camera movement, and they were frozen, which does look pretty cool.
At about 2:20.

There was also this Gap commercial from 1998.
Was reading the Wikipedia on it, and other movies used variations of the effect around the time.
What really set the Matrix above them, is that the camera movement went totally around the actors in 3D, as well as it added movement of them and they weren't just frozen, as well as 3D bullets and shockwaves. So they were the first to call it with all of those elements like that, Bullet Time.

But wait, I thought ESB was a carbon copy of the second season of Space Battleship Yamato...
Are we changing narratives now? So hard to keep up with these things.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back