The Crow, Eric Draven Costume

Max Jenius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm hoping you guys can help me out with some leads on where to find some close-enough Eric Draven Crow costume parts for a display I am trying to put together. Need everything from the jacket, moleskin shirt, pants, boots. If there are also any info on the harlequin mask, that would be awesome too. Thanks in advance guys.

This is a pic of the original costume...
appimg_99113.jpg

And this is the site where I've take the pic: http://www.wiw2u.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...m&item_id=73788
This is the best I can do actually...

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 22 2006, 05:26 AM) [snapback]1285555[/snapback]</div>
I'm guessing they were mostly found items.
[/b]

Coat, Pants & shirt were all custom made for the film.

-Zoid

The shirt looked like spandex to me i happen to have a black one that looks pretty close to the screen used one It was made for me by a friend who makes colthes :D

It's definitely lycra or milliskin, not the moleskin as mentioned in the first post. Moleskin is a suedelike material that goes on the inside of your shoe.

I love this costume. I just watched the movie again the other night andwas thinking about revamping my old crow gear.

I love this costume and need to update mine since it is starting to fall apart.

What I did was shop through the childrens section for a regular cottom black long sleeve shirt. I found a turtle neck that I removed the "neck" and put a regular shirt elactic band. It was nice and tight and worked great.

I found my pair of pants at Sears. There were in the womans section. It had the correct style buttons in the front and didn't have the knee seam that most leather pants seem to have. I have not however been able to find these pants since then (that was a good 5+ years ago).

I was not able to find THE jacket, but I just bought a long leather trench coat off ebay that was stiched together it "scaps" wich made it realy inexpensive, and at night, not noticable.

But I am looking to do the Crow again, with a more "accurate" costume.

Those pictures are awesome. Would love to be able to find some semi-accurate pants. I've been searching online but have not been able to find any with the same type of buttons. Any idea on where to look?

If you find a pair of leather pants with "hidden" buttons, you can basically just cut button holes in the outer layer and pull the buttons through when you put them on. It helps if you reinforce the cuts with thread (on a sewing machine) so they don't get larger. Works great.

<div class='quotetop'>(Max Jenius @ Jul 27 2006, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1288590[/snapback]</div>
Those pictures are awesome. Would love to be able to find some semi-accurate pants. I've been searching online but have not been able to find any with the same type of buttons. Any idea on where to look?
[/b]

I am kind of surprised to hear that his costume was custom made for the film when they were on such a small and tight budget. I had expected they picked everything up to cut production costs down.

But on that same note..anyone here able to provided some good reference photos to have the costume custom made?

Any good leather workers around?

If you find a pair of leather pants with "hidden" buttons, you can basically just cut button holes in the outer layer and pull the buttons through when you put them on. It helps if you reinforce the cuts with thread (on a sewing machine) so they don't get larger. Works great.

NO.... Never do that on leather. Buttonholes on leather are reinforced by making small welts, almost like the little border that goes around the back pocket of your dress pants. If you do a regular buttonhole on leather, you'll end up with a mess I promise.

What about the two most neglected Items to his costume...

His boots and the guitar

I have used just any black work boots and removed the shoelaces, but can we tell what brand they are?
The guitar I know they bought when they bought all the items for the pawn shop. The guitar was in that lot.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back