The Book of Boba Fett

Another great take on Boba so far using the Rancor as a comparison to Boba's childhood:

Okay, I totally missed the connection between...

...everyone being surprised that Boba wasn't being carried on a litter as a show of his station... and him riding a rancor. If riding a rancor doesn't show you're a BA crime lord, what does?

But they did still stylize the armor... just not as much as the traditional Mandalorians. But since it's CG and not hand drawn animation, would a costume design change save or add cost?
It would add to the cost because someone would have to design the armor first, model it, texture it, and then rig it. But once done, it's a bit easier than hand drawn since you don't have to figure out to draw it from all angles. But CG animation isn't a simple matter of pushing a few buttons and you get a new model and animation.

3D animation involves just as much artistry as traditional hand drawn animation does with an added dose of technical artistry. The biggest advantage of 2D animation is repeatability, scaling, and the elimination of the need of figuring out how something looks from different angles and perspectives. But you still need artists to create the models, others to texture them, then animators to actually animate them.

I just can't get over the fact that the man who directed El Mariachi... also did Spy Kids and Shark Boy and Lava Girl... and now he's doing Boba Fett.

I liked the first 2 eps, 3rd was seriously hit or miss, some aspects good, some... live action Kenner Toy merchandising.
Coming this Christmas: Boba's Technicolor Rangers!

Not buying THAT Black Series figure assortment. :lol:

I don't think Star Wars needs to be kiddified. Kids have (for the most part) always liked SW without it being aimed directly AT them, or having SW talk down to them. With exceptions, like the Droids and Ewoks animated series, (which as a teenager I barely could stand) or the Ewoks live action films. Or Jar Jar. Most kids love Jar Jar. :)

Han Solo shot first. Vader chopped off Luke's hand and THEN told him he was his dad. How's that for a messed up family dynamic. :) The point is, we don't necessarily need a Kind and fuzzy feeling Boba. Sure, give him an emotional evolution/journey because, frankly, he's had a messed up life.

Now... I'll still watch of course. I'm still contemplating Boba props and costumes. It will be interesting to see where this goes in the next few weeks.

The cool thing Lucas did with the CW cartoon was make season 1 for 10 year olds and every season after that had to grow in maturity along with them. That's a great idea and I'm glad he had the chance to do that experiment.

I don't mind people failing when making films, it's something that has to happen in order to grow and get better and to learn from. The ST would be an example of a non honest failure.

RR was always good at making low budget movies that looked for expensive than they were. They sold well and made money. They may have hired him because of that. They needed a show to be made quickly and cheaply to fill in the gap between other shows.

Talk about a butt head.

EF6BEF2C-80E3-4E08-B697-5B83EC323311.jpeg

The cool thing Lucas did with the CW cartoon was make season 1 for 10 year olds and every season after that had to grow in maturity along with them. That's a great idea and I'm glad he had the chance to do that experiment.

I don't mind people failing when making films, it's something that has to happen in order to grow and get better and to learn from. The ST would be an example of a non honest failure.

RR was always good at making low budget movies that looked for expensive than they were. They sold well and made money. They may have hired him because of that. They needed a show to be made quickly and cheaply to fill in the gap between other shows.
I agree. TCW very much grew with the audience, in terms of both maturity and complexity. I'm not saying this is Shakespeare, but DF made me a believer.

And yes, whatever shortcomings the PT had, GL came by them honestly. It was his vision, through and through - no Iger, no Kennedy, no studio notes and no story group hemming him in - and I always admired the purity of that, even if the execution often fell short.

I'm not sure I'd call the ST a non-honest failure (thought I 100% understand where you are coming from), but it very much felt like moviemaking by committee - with Iger, with Kennedy, with studio notes, all putting corporate "guard-rails" around the IP - and it didn't feel like Abrams had any passion or creative vision behind it. Whether he never had passion for the IP in the first place, or if the passion got sucked away by the suits, is a conversation for another day.

Say what you want about the PT, but you knew that GL had been thinking about that story for a very long time and really wanted to tell it.

Last edited:
Also, as a PSA, I listened to the Audio Description track, and it seems that those scooter-riders are called "The Mods."

I know that will likely cause more than one eye to twitch around here.
That's just lazy writing....who would even identify with the scooter riders from 1960's England...yes I get it, but it made me shudder when I saw the candy coloured scooter bikes....what is this Willy Wanker and Chocolate factory...!!....:lol::lol:

Also, as a PSA, I listened to the Audio Description track, and it seems that those scooter-riders are called "The Mods."

I know that will likely cause more than one eye to twitch around here.

It just gets better and better! I should’ve known when I thought during the chase scene: “Now THIS is mod racing…”

Last edited:
Remember Johhny Favo is listed as creator and writer. No one else. The same man that gave you the Mandolorian that everyone loves, gave you this. Weird right? RR is just director/producer.

I always wondered if the home make overs are the same way.. I can’t see that being true

I will tell you years ago there was a show called “pinks” where you would race your car against another for keeps.. there was no way I believed it to be real some of these cars are over 100k.. that is until my friend got on the show and lost.. that show was legit

What they had you do was before you even started the race you sold your car to the production company, so now your basically fighting to get it back.. and then the winner is awarded both the cars

So in the end the out come is the same, it’s just the show made it you think differently, you had to beat the other guy to win his car.. when in reality neither of you guys own the cars anymore

I was also told, a lot of the time the winner would offer to sell you back your own car.. but we are talking 60-70-80k…

That is exactly what happened to my buddy.. he lost the car.. the new owner offer it back he couldn’t afford the asking price

Then once word got around a local guy in my town contacted him and bought the car..

You see it time and time again at shows
I've literally had family members had homes
I always wondered if the home make overs are the same way.. I can’t see that being true

I will tell you years ago there was a show called “pinks” where you would race your car against another for keeps.. there was no way I believed it to be real some of these cars are over 100k.. that is until my friend got on the show and lost.. that show was legit

What they had you do was before you even started the race you sold your car to the production company, so now your basically fighting to get it back.. and then the winner is awarded both the cars

So in the end the out come is the same, it’s just the show made it you think differently, you had to beat the other guy to win his car.. when in reality neither of you guys own the cars anymore

I was also told, a lot of the time the winner would offer to sell you back your own car.. but we are talking 60-70-80k…

That is exactly what happened to my buddy.. he lost the car.. the new owner offer it back he couldn’t afford the asking price

Then once word got around a local guy in my town contacted him and bought the car..

You see it time and time again at shows
Wow slightly different to the make over shows here where I guess because its Bricks n Morter they just bung em a few quid to get it corrected..
I was offered a part on an Antiques show as I have a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Peddle car only about 6 exist in the world but they wanted me to jump through so many hoops I declined..

Last edited:
I've literally had family members had homes

Wow slightly different to the make over shows here where I guess because its Bricks n Morter they just bung em a few quid to get it corrected..
I was offered a part on an Antiques show as I have a Chittlehampton Bang Bang Peddle car only about 6 exist in the world but they wanted me to jump through so many hoops I declined..
Wow!! Only 6!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back