The Book of Boba Fett

I’ve also been thinking about how the weekly release of these shows is both a blessing and a curse. We get to speculate and reroute our expectations each week. We get to blow up and expand on each morsel. I hated the CW biker gang, but if they aren’t in it much anymore (please), it will actually be a small blip in a 6 hour series. However, the show runners know how this format works so it’s on them to structure the story and episodes in a way that makes sense. Just being optimistic that we still have a lot of show left and they can still turn this around.
Can't stand one a week personally, it takes me out of the story. I recently rewatched the entire Mandalorian in two days and having to wait each week for the next part with this is painful. I would be more forgiving if the episode was a solid hour and not 39m.

Liability reasons, only a few cars survived because it was either friend or family member of the producer

I was on another forum years ago and one of the guys was on that show

Nothing was true about that show, everyone on there was some how related or a friend of a friend
I know a lot of make over reality shows do the same thing..part of how good a researchers job is to get people friends relatives who are less likely to complain about botch jobs..

kinda hard to fight being pulled half naked out of the bath tub by Sasquatches big brother in the middle of the night and with no armor to help...he's just a simple man who has armor and tracker/hunter skills...and no gaderffii to take advantage of his melee skills. Agree with the moped gang..that was ugh for me too...how about the fact that Krrsantan got in there in the first place and oh,...let's release him now ...he won't be able to find his way back in again...lol. Hoping they explain that in the next episode..secret passageway? Fennec let him in? we will hopefully see.
I thought he was meant to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy? Or at least up there. He should still be able to kick ass even without armour but he got easily beat just like with the sand people. You're right though, it was unexpected. What I meant was that Wookie should have EASILY been able to take out those kids and guards; he seemed to just push them around and scream the whole time. Nothing compared to what he was hyped up to be when looking at the comics. I agree he'll probably return.

I know a lot of make over reality shows do the same thing..part of how good a researchers job is to get people friends relatives who are less likely to complain about botch jobs..
I always wondered if the home make overs are the same way.. I can’t see that being true

I will tell you years ago there was a show called “pinks” where you would race your car against another for keeps.. there was no way I believed it to be real some of these cars are over 100k.. that is until my friend got on the show and lost.. that show was legit

What they had you do was before you even started the race you sold your car to the production company, so now your basically fighting to get it back.. and then the winner is awarded both the cars

So in the end the out come is the same, it’s just the show made it you think differently, you had to beat the other guy to win his car.. when in reality neither of you guys own the cars anymore

I was also told, a lot of the time the winner would offer to sell you back your own car.. but we are talking 60-70-80k…

That is exactly what happened to my buddy.. he lost the car.. the new owner offer it back he couldn’t afford the asking price

Then once word got around a local guy in my town contacted him and bought the car..

You see it time and time again at shows

I thought he was meant to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy? Or at least up there. He should still be able to kick ass even without armour but he got easily beat just like with the sand people. You're right though, it was unexpected. What I meant was that Wookie should have EASILY been able to take out those kids and guards; he seemed to just push them around and scream the whole time. Nothing compared to what he was hyped up to be when looking at the comics. I agree he'll probably return.
Thanks for your contribution to the thread, btw...can you imagine? the floor is soaking wet...you're soaking wet and a 7ft Wookie who rips peoples arms out of their sockets grabs you and throws you around like a rag doll. We have two dilemmas...1. we expect the Krrsantan to really beat the heck out of Boba and kill him...he could have easily. 2. we think because Boba is a Bounty Hunter that he is like Sho Kasugi or something. he is just a man. He just got out of the Sarlacc stripped naked and it's 1 versus how many? and he's dehydrated and weak and he's supposed to "Take on the whole first order without a gaderffii ?" Yes the wookie should have destroyed every one of those kids..if he picked up Boba and just gave him a bear hug like he did at the end he would have killed him silently in seconds...

My problem exactly

I wanted to talk about the only scene that has appeared in all three episodes. He keeps having a flashback in Kamino of Jango flying away in Slave I. We’ve gotten a bit more footage each episode and it’s completely new footage shot for this show. This has to be pretty significant, but I haven’t seen it discussed much.

Obviously Boba saw Jango die, so it can’t be anything related to the last time he saw him.

For those who didn’t follow the comics, krrsantan is a very strong Wookiee, he even have Kenobi a run for his money.. that bear hug is his finishing move, he locked Kenobi in it as well.. if it wasn’t for a certain someone who hit krrsantan in the back of the head with a rock, I’m pretty sure Kenobi was done for

I wanted to talk about the only scene that has appeared in all three episodes. He keeps having a flashback in Kamino of Jango flying away in Slave I. We’ve gotten a bit more footage each episode and it’s completely new footage shot for this show. This has to be pretty significant, but I haven’t seen it discussed much.

Obviously Boba saw Jango die, so it can’t be anything related to the last time he saw him.
Maybe Omega’s reflection will enter this scene by the end…

Last edited:

i've brought it up many times...This is the core of Boba's rebirth

can you imagine seeing what happened to your father or the only father you've ever known? thinking about what Dad is doing when he leaves home? Or why did i have to stay back on this particular mission? To simplify it...i'm a father like many of you who have driven away from home and looked back at my kid staring at you out the window watching you leave and doesn't want me to go...powerful imagery man, just powerful

Last edited:
Darth Elevator ...it also doesn't have to be Jango in the Slave 1...This could have happened after the death of Jango and maybe Aurra Sing brought him back to Kamino and left again? idk. Great subject though...thank you for revisiting this. Plus did you catch the thrusters on the Slave 1 mimicking the eyes of the Jawas?

My problem exactly

I agree, but I also don’t know how this translates. For example, he got beat up by the Tusken who was clearly highly skilled with a gaffi stick. Even as the best Bounty Hunter, I wouldn’t expect him to be the best in every form of combat. Very good, for sure, but I’d expect you are the best partly due to the breadth of your skills rather than being the absolute best at all.

Hes been beat up three times now. 2 were surprise attacks and the third was against an expert with the chosen weapon. The biggest gripe would be with the first attack. He ultimately got out of it, but he should have done better. though he’s been out of action for 5+ years, he’s not in his prime anymore.

I would also think part of being the best is his you choose your fights. utilizing your strengths and maximizing your opponents weaknesses. Going hand to hand with a Wookie was never going to be the fight he’d want to take (but maybe I’m alone on that). He’s likely approach that fight completely different on his own terms.

The one aspect theyve done well at so far is he at least has no fear. He had no problem talking **** to the twins with Black Krrstantan there. He was armored and ready to fight. I think he’ll eventually get his groove back.

Darth Elevator ...it also doesn't have to be Jango in the Slave 1...This could have happened after the death of Jango and maybe Aurra Sing brought him back to Kamino and left again? idk. Great subject though...thank you for revisiting this. Plus did you catch the thrusters on the Slave 1 mimicking the eyes of the Jawas?

Yeah, sorry. This is a long thread so I haven’t seen all the comments. I agree it could be any time around AotC. I’m really curious what the reveal is here. It could be almost anything. The fact that they’ve shown it three times makes me think there will be some specific payoff.

Yeah, sorry. This is a long thread so I haven’t seen all the comments. I agree it could be any time around AotC. I’m really curious what the reveal is here. It could be almost anything. The fact that they’ve shown it three times makes me think there will be some specific payoff.
Agree 100%...not sure if it's allusion to show the pain Boba is still carrying...the separation, and the lack of family he feels that surrounds his life...or, like i said before...maybe this is after Jango dies and Aurra Sing becomes a motherly figure to him...takes him back home, goes on another mission in the Slave 1...interesting she trained him...fast forward to the Tuskens, trained by a female Tusken...fast forward, has Fennec by his side. He seems to trust women a lot...ROTJ, made him out to be a ladies man too. Is this connected on purpose? we will see but it still is a dream and dreams are weird...lol

And to clarify, Jango took him on a lot of his missions, so I don’t know that feeling lonely from being left behind on one mission is impactful enough to warrant a flashback we are seeing every episode. I think that would be a bit too nuanced and need more time to explore. I think there has to be something more.

Agree 100%...not sure if it's allusion to show the pain Boba is still carrying...the separation, and the lack of family he feels that surrounds his life...or, like i said before...maybe this is after Jango dies and Aurra Sing becomes a motherly figure to him...takes him back home, goes on another mission in the Slave 1...interesting she trained him...fast forward to the Tuskens, trained by a female Tusken...fast forward, has Fennec by his side. He seems to trust women a lot...ROTJ, made him out to be a ladies man too. Is this connected on purpose? we will see but it still is a dream and dreams are weird...lol
All good points. I’m starting to think that his feeling of the loss is starting to create good motivation for why he may want to eventually find Omega once/if he learns of her. Fennec knew about her, so there is an easy way to introduce that knowledge to him. Though I’m not sure Fennec knows their specific ties.

And to clarify, Jango took him on a lot of his missions, so I don’t know that feeling lonely from being left behind on one mission is impactful enough to warrant a flashback we are seeing every episode. I think that would be a bit too nuanced and need more time to explore. I think there has to be something more.
great point!! remember it's dream...the thrusters fade into eyes of the Jawas...everything is blended so it's not merely a flashback....makes the interpretation a lot tougher...lol (Lizard trip episode 2)

Last edited:
There is going to be a lot of people owing Mr. Rodriguez an apology after this is all said and done...including myself. I've learned this the hard way...making up my mind about someone before i've known all the facts. I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times Nike called me up and wanted me to promote their new Hot Air Bloviates.
Related idea...

"I" was one of those who said Robert Downy Jr. (after decades of substance abuse, rehab and a questionable acting track record) Playing Tony Stark/Iron Man was the biggest mistake they could do in casting.

I've never been so glad to be proven sooooo wrong. :)

I hope Mr. Rodriguez has the opportunity to prove me wrong.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back