The Book of Amun Ra (The Mummy 1999)

PropsToHistory

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After I got the Book if the Dead from adamata done,

20191008_150559.jpg

my wife demanded I build the Book of Amun Ra.
1576446_IMG_3725.png

Thanks to the files posted by jcporcel I ported the pages over to my glowforge and have begun the process.
20191008_145631.jpg

Still early stages, but it will be a fully functional book, with lock and what not. each side of each page takes about 7 hours to engrave. Should be a while

Yes, jcporcel's book of the dead actually had the pages from the book of Amun Ra. I've been planning to use his files to print a Book of Ra as well. It's on a long list of things to do. ;)

Yours is looking good !

Honestly, this doesn't look too complicated. Each pair of arms holds the next page, which in turn makes the gap on each page narrower than the previous one.

What's not entirely clear in that picture is if the arms rest on top of the pages or are flush with them. (EDIT: I'll take that back, there are clearly resting on top of the pages.)

I'll try to mock something up in 3D. How thick are the pages and how thick are the arms (along the direction of the hinge)?

Last edited:
Honestly, this doesn't look too complicated. Each pair of arms holds the next page, which in turn makes the gap on each page narrower than the previous one.

What's not entirely clear in that picture is if the arms rest on top of the pages or are flush with them. (EDIT: I'll take that back, there are clearly resting on top of the pages.)

I'll try to mock something up in 3D. How thick are the pages and how thick are the arms (along the direction of the hinge)?
The pages (and I'm basing this off the Stunt prop casting from adamata) are 1/4" (6.5mm) ish. I'll mic them when I get home tonight.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back