The Blue Box - The TARDIS has landed!

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A work in progress...
Layout.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Blue Box

Oh very good start with your Engish Police Box, I have a TYJ design Police box, also I have a complete work shop manual as well as inventor 10 drawings if they are of any help.

What drafting package are you using?

Last edited:

We're starting on page 2 of the drawings - this will likely be a 4-page blueprint set.

I've already got my "Hero" Anchor lantern in hand and looking into getting the signs made.
Lumber has been ordered and we have sourced the hardware for the doors from the UK.
Pictures will come when they are available.

Still working on the drawings with my pops. Two pages of hand-drafted plans done, two more pages to go!
Booyasmall.jpg

I was wondering when you were going to make one of these. It only seemed logical. Can't wait to see it.

I did all my plans in SketchUp & they were just about as clunky as can be. Yours look stellar. :) I suspect you'll have a spectacular 'Blue Box' when you're done. :D

I did all my plans in SketchUp & they were just about as clunky as can be. Yours look stellar. :) I suspect you'll have a spectacular 'Blue Box' when you're done. :D

Appreciated - the props go to my father who is an old-school draftsman. Everything done by hand the old fashioned way, no CAD.

Well you tell him from one draftsman to another, that his draftsman skills are excellent, and are a work of art in there own right.

Everything is now completed with CAD, I use inventor 10 and it very much lacks that personal human pensile to paper touch. Very nice work.

So all the drafting work has moved to computers? I agree Rassilon, that personal touch is very important and they are indeed works of art. There is some serious talent that goes into drafting these things like this by hand, just like painting a mural or masterpiece. I'm glad to see your Dad keeping the art alive GF

So all the drafting work has moved to computers? I agree Rassilon, that personal touch is very important and they are indeed works of art. There is some serious talent that goes into drafting these things like this by hand, just like painting a mural or masterpiece. I'm glad to see your Dad keeping the art alive GF

One thing my father has been teaching me about old-school drafting is that back in "the day" you'd be able to tell what artist drafted what. Each has their own signature touch and drawing style. You don't get that with CAD.

One thing my father has been teaching me about old-school drafting is that back in "the day" you'd be able to tell what artist drafted what. Each has their own signature touch and drawing style. You don't get that with CAD.

That's for sure. I was on a table for 10 years in my first career. The biggest style difference is your text, which is where a drawing gets really dressed up.

This is going to be a lengthy but fun process. Big thanks to Rebelscum for not only is extremely thorough build thread as inspiration, but also the help he has provided me behind the scenes. I look forward to continuing on with this project.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back