The best Vader helmet for $150...

I am really sorry to say this, but in this Vader thing you REALLY get what you pay for..... $75 sounded too sweet a deal to NOT have anything wrong with it. It's sad to find out I was right at the expense of your $75. I hope you can do something good with that. Perhaps an extra custom helmet, like JRX's, if you have the talent for it.... (not bashing your talent, just making a suggestion).

Anyway, I hope you find a better deal somewhere....

Hermes!

It was factory sealed in the box, so the low price was not for the warping.
Sometimes things are just warped. I think I can get it looking good
with some boiling. I do live in Tampa, FL I could just leave it in my
car for a couple of hours too I guess. I just wish I had the cash to get
a helmet that was great without needing work.

I'm still thinking I might want to get someone to rework it for me.
I'll work it a bit to see how it comes along.

The warpage could have occurred if it was stored in a hot warehouse or something.

Don't put it in the car... you'll only melt it and warp it in all the wrong places.

A hair dryer or a heat gun to soften the plastic - but don't get too close, or you'll melt it - and then gently push the softened piece into the desired position.

Getting someone to fix it for you will roughly cost you more than buying a better quality helmet... unless you know a friend who can help you...

Hey, you have it. Make it a great project piece and learn all you can from it. Over the years I have used that approach and have learned some really neat things.

I got a Rubies helmet for around 90-100 and modified the !@!@#@#!@# out of it. I saw another Rubies ROTS version Vader helmet that was going for 200.00 with the same mods I did. But it's tough to get one in that price range without putting elbow grease into it. Even after all the mods I did I would like to get the MR ROTS helmet. But that won't happen anytime soon unless I hit the lottery...

heres my modded rubies supreme

IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0961.jpg

I have a Rubies Supreme that I got for about $70 a few years ago. I modded the Hell out of it and I'm pleased with the results. Sure it doesn't compare to a great fiberglass helmet but I'm happy with it.

IMG_1417NEW.jpg

Your best bet is to try and grab a Classic Action by Don Post. They used to go for around $150.00, but they are steadily going up in price. Rumor is these were pulled from the same molds as the Deluxe, only molded in plastic instead of fiberglass. I've seen a couple of these reworked a little with good paint, lenses, tusks, grill screen, and reshaping of the neck. You may also want to reset the dome a little bit. See VaderPainter's website for what he did to his. When he was doing the Empire Vader, he used a Classic Action as his lid. It looked real good. As far as the price, expect to pay a little more for the nicer helmets. I got my Deluxe for $450.00 and I also got a Portumac reveal with my full Vader suit..estimated around $750 to sell individually. I have the Rubies Supreme. It's nice and its part of a project for a rework. They are available for $80.00 and up. That might be your best bet. It's a good helmet and needs only a little work. Good luck with your search and always remember to check Craig's list and E-bay for a quick deal.

Sincerely,

Movado

Last edited:
Yes, that is the one we have been talking about. What an awesome price!
With shipping it is only $36.59!!!! At that price I might get another one.
Hell, at that price somone could turn around and sell it on eabay for
double that.

Oh my...

Deffinately gonna get a couple of these bad boys, thats like buying the nerf gun for 20 bucks... a no brainer!

Wow!!!

That's cheap!! And to think I was in the US last month. The Canadian TRU site isn't listing that lid. :cry

Ah well.

Huzz

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back