The Best Movies Ever - Worth Watching!!!

Hogosha- this is your opinion , i think differently :)
Laffo- Why do not you try to watch movies after 1976? The difference between you and me is that I'm diverse .. I have movies from all the years .. I do not choose a good movie by year :)

Yeah the list is confusing. It simply says "the best movies ever".
It doesn't say that you made the list, it doesn't say that it's your opinion.
It just says "best ever", as though this list was based on a consensus of the general public.

You can say it's not confusing but the responses you're getting prove otherwise.

Laffo- Why do not you try to watch movies after 1976? The difference between you and me is that I'm diverse .. I have movies from all the years .. I do not choose a good movie by year :)

Laffo is making a suggestion to you to help broaden your horizons. I'm pretty sure he's seen more than a few movies made after 1976.

I'm not trying to offend you with my next question, so please don't take it any other way than trying to help...

Is it safe to assume that English is not your native language? Are you reading and replying in English...or using some translation software or something?

If the answer is yes, that may solve some of the problems, as you're clearly not understanding everything people are saying. Quite literally, I think something is being lost in translation.

I thought this was going to be a thread about IMDB releasing a list of the best movies ever, not a person who's seen 136 movies ranking them by how much he liked them.

I mean, I like Shawshank a ton, but it's not #1 on anyone's list not named Tim Robbins. It's certainly top 5-able, but #1?

Then I got to Shutter Island and my head asploded.

My friend, you are NOT diverse.

You're chiding everyone else for failing to understand, but honestly it is YOU who fails to understand.

Yes, we get that obviously these are movies you have seen. Nobody is asking you to include movies which you haven't seen. Rather, you need to get out and watch different movies.

Your list is anything BUT diverse considering that you haven't even scratched the surface of foreign film. I mean, French New Wave is not really my cup of tea, but you should watch "Breathless." Fritz Lang's "M" and "Metropolis" are worth watching. Do you have any Hitchcock on the list?

You are fooling yourself if you think your list is diverse.

Is there some point to making a list and then just babbling on teling people why their choices are wrong?

And why should we care what you think?

I don't get this kind of thread.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I suppose there are a number of movies that most would consider to be among the best all-around movies to watch.

Ill put up some of my top films if anyone cares.

Not really a particular order, since its hard for me to decide which ones I like more than others.

King Kong (1933)
The Godfather
The Godfather part II
Close Encounters
Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
2001- A Space Odyssey
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Jaws
Shawshank Redemption
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Lord of the Rings
Grapes of Wrath
Schindlers List
Pulp Fiction
Braveheart
Duel
Apocalypse Now
Lawrence of Arabia
Goodfellas
Bridge on the River Kwai
Planet of the Apes (1968)
North by Northwest
The Maltese Falcon
The Ten Commandments
The Day the Earth Stood still (1951)
War of the Worlds (1953)
Alien
Aliens
The Shining
A CLockwork Orange
Dracula (1931)
Psycho
Frankenstein (1931)
The French Connection
The Exorcist
The good The Bad and the ugly.
Heat
The Big Lebowski
Silence of the Lambs
The Hidden Fortress
An American Werewolf In London
The Wolf Man (1941)
Blade Runner
Nosferatu (1922)
The Man Who Knew too Much
One Flew Over the cuckoos nest
Fargo
Rob Roy
Superman
Patton
Serpico
Paths of GLory
Saving Private Ryan
Taxi Driver
Toy Story
The Omen
Night of the Living Dead
GhostBusters
Dragon Slayer
Back to the Future
The Blues Brothers
Moby Dick
The Road Warrior
Manhunter
Jurassic park
Up
Marathon Man
Robo Cop
Halloween
The Incredibles
Star Trek 2
The Terminator
The Terminator 2
Invasion of the Body Snatcher (1978)
Mighty Joe Young (1949)
Munich
Papillon
Predator
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Star Trek (2009)
Conan the Barbarian
War of the Worlds (2005) (Yes, I liked it that much)

The difference between you and me is that I'm diverse .. I have movies from all the years .. I do not choose a good movie by year :)
With all due respect, the movies on your list are not particularly diverse and you don't have movies from "all the years". The first movie ever made was The Horse In Motion, made in 1878. The oldest movie on your list was released in 1966, which means you've completely overlooked 88 years of filmmaking.

I know your list is compiled only from movies you've seen, and I respect your opinions. But I would suggest you see movies from all decades and genres before deciding there were no movies worth seeing prior to 1966.

i think that you dont understand- the title is the correct title because on the list there are great movies...

You are either confused or trolling. Your list is not a list of the best films ever made. Your list is a list of the films you have seen which you liked the most.

Thus, your title is wrong and you should change it before more people are confused and sucked into pointless debate. How can you not see this?

Maybe you can change it to...'' The Best Movies I've Ever Seen''

PS WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT WATCH A MOVIE CALLED ''FUTURE WAR'':lol

I do watch Movies from after 1976. I run a Theatre. YOU COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT.

"The difference between you and me is that I'm diverse." No the difference between the two of us is that I have a pretty extensive working knowledge of Film History, wherein "Click" doesn't make the list of "Best Movies" ever.

Forget I suggested it. It was an experiment designed to allow you to LEARN SOMETHING.

I didn't post this shallow list - you did.

Laffo.

Last edited:
MrSockpuppet.jpg

We're being trolled boys and girls. :rolleyes

Kevin

For the record my favourite film is BladeRunner and my second favourite is Harvey... no not the ******* abortion of a remake that Hollywood has chosen to abuse our eyes with but the original starring James Stewart.

As for the title of the thread I suggest you change it or risk many many others arguing with you about your personal choices and here in lies the nub of your problem it's your personal list not the best ever (*rolls eyes... they come up 11*)

Well said, Kevin!

CyberPaddy, this person appears to be a fairly flagrant troll and likely a sockpuppet.

It looks like we're dealing with "the thedarknight1 identity". :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back