The Batman

I never loved CNs Batman like I did TBs.. The voice they chose for C Bale was the most outlandish cartoon voice to date and I never warmed to his Bruce.. I think I just can't see past his American Psycho roll which was Ace by the way.
Heath just ate that role in TDN the scene when he blew up the hospital was fantastic as was his licky dog out the window scenes in Gotham.. Imagine all the Gifs and memes which would never have happened if another actor had bombed as Joker!
I loved R Pats Batman having a love of sleuth type movies I enjoyed the space it was given and hey not all Detective stories get to solve their cases and I think in most Bat stories you never get a sense of closure.. Or the villain is finished, more a they slope off back to their lair or get detained.
The most realistic and plausible apart from a few scenes of super human strength..
It's one of those movies I can see myself catching at any point and watch it through.

Looking forward to how he evolves as this is The Bat year 2 so he's still chomping at the bit.
I don't mind the core characters being re used especially in the way they have so far...
It reminds me of when an artist made those lifelike sculptures of Beavis, and Butthead.. Creepy but hyper realistic.

I will say though Burgess Meridith will always be my Penguin...
Agreed, I'm not really a fan of the Nolan Batmans, mostly because they were dark for the sake of being dark, whereas Burton's films were at least fun to watch and not relentlessly dark. That's not to say that Heath Ledger didn't have an interesting take on Joker, but I'll go for Jack Nicholson's version any time.

Agreed, I'm not really a fan of the Nolan Batmans, mostly because they were dark for the sake of being dark, whereas Burton's films were at least fun to watch and not relentlessly dark. That's not to say that Heath Ledger didn't have an interesting take on Joker, but I'll go for Jack Nicholson's version any time.
Joker is the one character that because of his mysterious fuddled origins can be played very well by a host of very good actors.

And then there's
The King of Clowns..

Screenshot_20220511-202545_Firefox.jpg

The Best!

Joker is the one character that because of his mysterious fuddled origins can be played very well by a host of very good actors.

And then there's
The King of Clowns..

View attachment 1574368
The Best!
Unfortunately, by the time you get to the Frank Miller-inspired era of Jokers, it's really hard to justify why anyone keeps him alive. He always escapes, he always kills people, the fact that he hasn't been killed, either by Batman or the government is really unjustifiable.

Unfortunately, by the time you get to the Frank Miller-inspired era of Jokers, it's really hard to justify why anyone keeps him alive. He always escapes, he always kills people, the fact that he hasn't been killed, either by Batman or the government is really unjustifiable.
The last story I read was The Killing Joke.. I'm stuck in the 80s...
Oh hang on I have the graphic novel where he met Judge Dredd and Judge Death.. Oh yeah so prolly 90s..

Well, put it this way, the book is about a 10 minute read. 15 tops, if you go slow. The animated version is 77 minutes. Can you guess the amount of filler put into it? And the filler isn't even about the actual story. The movie is basically just a Batgirl story with The Killing Joke tagged on to it.

It should've just been another episode of B:TAS

IMO Nolan ripped us off by never doing a certain moment in any of his three movies:

Bruce Wayne is dashing off from a public setting to turn into Batman. Somebody else says "Wait, Bruce, where are you going?" He looks back and mutters "I have to return some videotapes."

American Psycho holds up so well. It's dark, disturbing, and sickly humorous all at once. Christian Bale is amazing in it. The scene where he tries to feed the stray cat to the ATM cracks me up every time I see it.
I need a rewatch but the ideas the culture at that time and that message..

I finally had an opportunity to watch The Batman. About half-way through, the thought came to mind, "Well, this is three hours of my life I'll never get back." I liked Andy Serkis' performance as Alfred, I just wish they'd given him more scenes. Jeffrey Wright was terrific as Lt. Gordon, and Colin Farrell as Oz/The Penguin was spot on as well. And I liked the Batmobile. All of that said, I'm aware that most people like this movie and that my opinions are my own, so I can only tell people to watch it and decide for themselves.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back