The Batman

Isn’t this basically the plot to the Joker movie? Even if it isn’t, I don’t think I’d want to see that.

I too hope they steer clear of that route, but I'm just positing on the approach they might take. It would be refreshing for them to not have that similarity to Joker given that there are other ways this could play itself out. We'll see though. I'm certainly approaching this movie more with intrigue than I am genuine excitement. It looks like an interesting take on the character and I'll give it a watch.

I don't know what this movie will be rated. I was saying the trailers are going for an R-rated tone, artistically.

IMO it seems possible though. Conventional wisdom in the last few decades says you have to keep it PG-13 to make the most money. But 'Joker' just made a billion dollars with an R-rating and not much else. (It had no real action, sexy actors, trendy comedy stars, CGI spectacle, etc.) That probably caused a few conversations at Warner Bros about trying an R-rated Batman.

If they were gonna try it, what would that movie look like? My guess is exactly like the trailers we are seeing now.

Movie ratings have had almost zero relevance since I turned 18 and I was no longer restricted from seeing R rated movies in the theater. As long as the script is good and the film itself is well executed it can be rated (G) for all I care. "Darker" doesn't always equate to more realism or success as a story and I think that idea has been touted by Hollywood as the buzzword to aim for in order to get people on board rather than bothering to make sure that script is even worth filming. Just write a strong story, cast it well and make it look good and I think most people will be happy.

Look at the new Spiderman. I haven't seen it but from everything I've seen or read about it, it wasn't ground breaking, but it made fans happy, respected the source material and gave some genuine emotional weight to the story by not treating it's audience like morons. It broke lots of records and is raking in the dough. Go figure!

Isn’t this basically the plot to the Joker movie? Even if it isn’t, I don’t think I’d want to see that.
I always thought the joker movie didn’t count? It’s such a strange movie, I always thought the whole movie was just a huge hallucinations

I hope the Riddler doesn't reveal Batman's identity during the movie and then Bruce pulls some stunt at the end to throw off suspicion. I hate that storyline because it's implausible. Once the idea (Bruce Wayne = Batman) was planted in the public's mind, there would be no getting rid of it.
If they do Riddler right, then he will never reveal Batman = Bruce Wayne. The Riddler prides himself on being smart AND knowing things others dont. If he knew Batman’s secret, he will want to keep that secret because he would revel in being the only one who knows.

I do think Batterson will pull something at the end which will make Riddler think he was wrong the whole time to “beat” him though.

I do hope they do something a little different from the Waynes were actually bad guys again though. We have had several versions of Batman where its revealed that the Waynes were bad guys (Telltale Batman, Joker, Batman: Damned).

Having Riddler be Alfred’s illegitimate child might work. Alfred is pretty much the paragon of virtue in the Bat-universe and the trailer has Alfred admitting to a secret.

That was utterly terrifying! I can see why they're touting this as a horror movie. I was hesitant at first but the more I see of this the more and more intrigued I get. I really want to see this movie.
When you think about it....It really is a Modern day Horror movie. Bats, Scary monsters fear ooh I'm quite excited about this one..

We were speculating on it one time when an early teaser came out. I was thinking the new Batmobile might be wearing '68-70 Dodge Charger panels (heavily modded). But after some closer looks in the new trailers I think it's probably 1st-gen Camaro based. Roof, windshield, etc.

The whole car looks like a tube-frame job in the big picture. The Camaro/Charger panels would just be cosmetic.

It looks like a rear engine of some sort. I dunno what it is; I assume it's a Chevy LS3 or something underneath the appearance. That's a common engine for Hollywood stunt cars now (regardless of whether the body is a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc). Ecto-1 got an LS3 motor for 'Afterlife.'

We were speculating on it one time when an early teaser came out. I was thinking the new Batmobile might be wearing '68-70 Dodge Charger panels (heavily modded). But after some closer looks in the new trailers I think it's probably 1st-gen Camaro based. Roof, windshield, etc.

The whole car looks like a tube-frame job in the big picture. The Camaro/Charger panels would just be cosmetic.

It looks like a rear engine of some sort. I dunno what it is; I assume it's a Chevy LS3 or something underneath the appearance. That's a common engine for Hollywood stunt cars now (regardless of whether the body is a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc). Ecto-1 got an LS3 motor for 'Afterlife.'
Aaahhh… can’t wait to see more of it

Sorry if these have been posted already.
93042219-A69A-4F5D-9377-14A67A028CA4.jpeg
1E785F05-330B-4A4E-B9AB-4A4176556419.jpeg
2D901E5A-3B57-4056-85FF-36A93605A788.jpeg
9524AAF1-FBCD-42C0-A740-0FBA5F9B231A.jpeg

It's kinda neat but I have mixed feelings about it honestly. I would think someone of near limitless resources would've based it on a supercar and not an old muscle car. The exposed, open rear end of the car also looks like it'd be quite the liability.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back