The As You Wish Helmet Project

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I posted about this before in the Props forum but am reintroducing it here in the events forum.

The "As You Wish" Project is a joint effort between the Dented Helmet and the 501st (sponsored by Movie Prop Sites, LLC and eFX Collectibles) to provide 40 Boba Fett and Clone Trooper helmets (collectively) to talented artists and studios to be customized, exhibited at Star Wars: Celebration VI and ultimately auctioned online with 100% of the proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

The "As You Wish" Project was inspired by 2010’s 501st TK Helmet Project which included 50 reimagined Stormtrooper helmets and which helped raise over $65,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Further inspiration came from Dov Kelemer and Sarah Jo Marks’ creation; The Vader Project which included 100 reimagined Darth Vader helmets put into a traveling exhibit and then auctioned.
After the success of the 501st TK Helmet Project at Star Wars: Celebration V, we at the Dented Helmet joined with the 501st and sought approval to pursue a similar project using both Boba Fett’s iconic helmet as well as the Episode II Clone Trooper helmet as a basis for artists reimagination. With the help of Mary Franklin, we gained approval and for the past 12 months we have been working hard on the logistics of obtaining the helmets and having talented artists and studios sign on to help with the project.

eFx has graciously donated the Clone Trooper helmets which the 501st is distributing and the Dented Helmet has supplied the Boba Fett helmets!

We are now collecting the helmets from the artists and will have a small exhibit at San Diego Comic Con 2012 and a full exhibit at Star Wars: Celebration VI in Orlando, FL! After Celebration VI, the helmets will be auctioned on line by the Make-A-Wish foundation (we will never touch any of the money).

We will be posting full articles on the Dented Helmet for each of the customized Fett helmet, but Facebook is our main means of communication. Please "LIKE" our Facebook page at As You Wish Helmet Project | Facebook

Please tell your friends about it, post on facebook about it, blog about it and tweet about it! Let the world know so we can raise more awareness and eventually raise more money for charity!

We are super excited about this project and hope you are too! We are looking forward to sharing all the information we have from our artists and hope you will be saving your money to help support charity and raise even more money than was raised in 2010!

On a final note, we have already assigned all the helmets for this project and don't have any more to give out. However, if this goes well, we would love to do it again in the future!

And here is a taste of things to come. Our very own Volpin modified one of the helmets and here is his offering; Dovah Fett!

attachment.php

attachment.php

The auction will be immediately after Celebration VI. We are still working out the exact dates with Make-A-Wish. They are a little overwhelmed at the idea of auctioning off all these helmets!

The TK project was a live auction and if I am not mistaken the money was handed over to Make-A-Wish. In our case we felt more money would be made through an online auction and we never wanted the money to pass through our hands, so Make-A-Wish is auctioning them through their ebay account. The logistics are a bit overwhelming.

The Dragon Fett helmet is beautiful. I've been following a lot of the creations, and it's quite impressive to see all the different variations. I think they did something a couple years ago with Vader helmets too or am I mistaken?

The As You Wish Helmet Project: HRG Trooper

Found this thread today and wanted to share my own progress, in three easy images;

Concept Sketch
6891731672_23713fb240_z.jpg

Maquette
7064332203_5a5cb56ae6_z.jpg

Full-sized Helmet in Progress
7175234341_880d47062d_z.jpg

(about six months to this point)

The HRG Trooper is an homage to Giger's Alien—you can imagine the profound effect seeing such a film would have on the mind of an eight-year olde boy. While sketching concepts I thought of this influence and decided to see what the creature might look like if made from the parts of Star Wars. Once I realized the second mouth would have to be a lightsabre I had my design and began construction.

(Click here to see more progress images of the HRG Trooper.)

I am excited to see all of the completed helmets together in Orlando this August.

Be well,
Thomas

Thomas, the magnitude and scope of your project is just insane!!! I love the shear size of it, not to mention that creativity!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back