The Amazing Spider-Man (reboot) movie discussion

Vivek

Master Member
Emma Stone Goes Blonde for Gwen Stacy! | Superhero Hype

Wow.. she looks great as Gwen Stacy. They nailed the look.

gwen_stacy_comic_movie.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Spider-Man (reboot) movie discussion

Gotta say, color me impressed. Though, I'm not sold on her as the right actress to play Gwen, she has the look down MUCH better than I would have thought.

Nice Gwen! Glad that the whole "Shes playing MJ" thing wasn't true. Completely not right for MJ.

With some more natural red hair I think she could have been a good MJ, but she's looking perfect for Gwen too.

I'm really hope there's a strong bond between Pete and Gwen in the reboot. I want to feel horrible when she inevitably dies and I want to feel Pete's pain when he fails to save her. (oops, did I forget the spoiler tags? :lol)

Hopefully, MJ plays second fiddle in the film and the Peter/MJ relationship blooms toward the very end of the movie or even only starts in the sequel. I'm praying this is the case, since Gwen was cast so quickly and we haven't even heard any rumors about who will potentially play MJ.

I want to feel horrible when she inevitably dies and I want to feel Pete's pain when he fails to save her.
That's exactly what I am hoping for.

Although it is not confirmed, it's being speculated that MJ won't be in the first movie, saved for the sequel instead. And I hope they reserve the death of Gwen Stacy storyline for the sequel as well.

With some more natural red hair I think she could have been a good MJ, but she's looking perfect for Gwen too.

I'm really hope there's a strong bond between Pete and Gwen in the reboot. I want to feel horrible when she inevitably dies and I want to feel Pete's pain when he fails to save her. (oops, did I forget the spoiler tags? :lol)

Hopefully, MJ plays second fiddle in the film and the Peter/MJ relationship blooms toward the very end of the movie or even only starts in the sequel. I'm praying this is the case, since Gwen was cast so quickly and we haven't even heard any rumors about who will potentially play MJ.

I'm confused. She's a natural blonde.
And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that MJ is not going to be in this movie. I think they'll save Green Goblin for the sequel and then introduce MJ in the third (if it gets that far).

I'm confused. She's a natural blonde.

I know, sorry. I meant if her dyed hair color was a more natural red than the red she usually sports.

You know what I'm more curious about than the casting of MJ? Who are they gonna pick to play J. Jonah Jameson? I though JK Simmons was absolutely brilliant as JJ and I can't imagine anyone else playing the character.

That's exactly what I am hoping for.

Although it is not confirmed, it's being speculated that MJ won't be in the first movie, saved for the sequel instead. And I hope they reserve the death of Gwen Stacy storyline for the sequel as well.

I agree and hope so as well:thumbsup

I don't like how it's just assumed that films will automatically follow the same path as the comics. I actually hoped that in Raimi's first Spidey flick they'd have MJ die when the Goblin drops her from the bridge, since it was essentially Gwen's death scene from the comics.

It would have been completely unexpected by the audience, then they could introduce Gwen as his long term love interest the way Stan always intended it to be. I hope in this reboot they don't feel the need to kill off Gwen just because it was done 30 years ago in the comics.

I don't think the producers know what they are doing with Spider-Man. The first trilogy was a mix between the original Amazing and the Ultimate series. Besides the ending scenes in the first two and the action scenes in Spider-Man 2. The whole trilogy is somewhat forgettable. Now they say the new one will be more of the Ultimate series from what I've heard. I really want the classic scientist Spider-Man with webshooters. I would be fine not seeing Green Goblin to the third movie. Let things build up. Hopefully, the actor will be good enough to stay Spider-Man similar to the setup with Iron Man/Downey Jr. Emma Stone looks good for the Gwen role but so did Bryce Dallas Howard.

Mary Jane is more of a super-model type. I liked the previous casting, but it really wasn't her.

attachment.php

Mary Jane is more of a super-model type. I liked the previous casting, but it really wasn't her.

previous casting as Kirsten dunst? She was horrible...didnt even look the part...

they should have given it to Alicia Witt....google search her and click images....she would have been a perfect mary jane...she almost got the role, but lost it to dunst because supposedly dunst was more well known

Alicia Witt might be good as Mary Jane. But I assume the producers thought she was too old for the age group they want. The Spider-Man 2 poster with Kirsten Dunst is cool. She's really pretty in that image.

My mind has been ingrained with Toby Maguire as Peter Parker. It's going to be SOOOOO hard to accept this film IMO. I really hate that they do these reboots with zero generation gap at all, they just say, "Okay let's just start from the beginning again."

I haven't been at all following, nor interested in this new film reboot. It makes me sick thinking about it and just wish they gave Raimi the time he wanted to do it right. Write off #3 as a lesson learned and just press forward and make an awesome #4.

I never really cared for Toby, I'm glad he's being replaced. And honestly I dont think Raimi ever got Spidey/Parker. I wish the rights to spidey had reverted back to marvel and let them do it right. Not to mention he would then be able to be included in future Avengers movies.

I never really cared for Toby, I'm glad he's being replaced. And honestly I dont think Raimi ever got Spidey/Parker. I wish the rights to spidey had reverted back to marvel and let them do it right. Not to mention he would then be able to be included in future Avengers movies.

Yeah, Tobey (in my eyes) didn't seem to fit the character. I know Pete was initially really geeky and kind of an outcast, but he did grow out of it somewhat quickly, whereas the Raimi Parker never did. And I want to see a more spunky, wisecracking Spidey. Toby tried to add that flair, but really never achieved the level of wittiness that I felt from the comic character.

And let's get some more realistic CGI, PLEASE. I hear Garfield used to be a gymnast, so let's hope he can add some flair to the live-action movements (but not escalate it to the trendy parkour insanity).

Lack of wisecracks in Raimi's films is more to be blamed on the script, rather than Tobey. But yeah the perpetual Spidey wisecracks is something I hope they incorporate into the new movie.

I was really happy to hear that Tobey Maguire & Kirsten Dunst were replaced as their egos got out of hand & their performances were completely overrated.

Emma Stone as a blonde looks exactly like Gwen Stacy & I look forward to seeing the new cast.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back