TFA Leia's Transport

worldkiller

So I wanted to push myself to model a little faster. I decided to do Leia's Transport from the Force Awakens: Visually it's a deceptively simple shape. (more on that later.) Big plus: being relatively new it isn't something I've spent 30 years loving. so if I got something slightly off I wouldn't feel like I was dishonoring my entire childhood.

Well, the shape turned out to have a little more nuance than I was expecting. It didn't help that there wasn't a ton of references images either.

I think it came out okay, and I'm really happy with how my paint job came out.
The final product is maybe a little too beige, I might dial that down a little.

Glory shot:
Leia Transport Poster bright.jpg

Front shot without the motion blur to show off the paint job:
Leia Transport Paint job.jpg
Rear:
leia transport rear2.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome, great job!

I keep hoping that Disney shows what the B-wing MK.II looks like. In canon the cockpit for this transport is from a B-wing MK.II but there's no reference to what the B-wing actually looks like.

That looks awesome, great job!

I keep hoping that Disney shows what the B-wing MK.II looks like. In canon the cockpit for this transport is from a B-wing MK.II but there's no reference to what the B-wing actually looks like.
Thanks!

Yeah, we never see a B-wing MK II, but there is an updated B-wing in Rise of Skywalker.

It doesn't use the cockpit from Leia's transport though.

Resistance_B-wing_fighter.png

Excellent! Did you make a printable 3d file? Also wondering scale and dimensions. Honestly I was/am really hoping that Hasbro makes a 3 3/4 version. I mean, you could really do a cool thing with this... make it so that the two ends could detach from the body and attached to each other, to take off and get another "drop box" to expand a landing party. I mentioned this to Emily from Hasbro when I saw her last Celebration Anaheim. I thought the ship along with an exclusive General Organa figure would sell very fast; especially since they never released her in 3 3/4. Additionally, it would be both a ship and playset. Nice work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back