Texas Chainsaw Massacre saw

motman241

After long involved searches, and piecing together parts from almost a dozen saws, I have made the closest thing to screen-used I can. Enjoy.
[image]http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/motman241/TCM1saw.jpg[/image]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kell @ May 2 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]1237100[/snapback]</div>
Looks great . Is it functional, can ou fire it up ? [/b]
No, this particular one does not start. ...Which is fine by me, since I really didn't intend on actually using this prop as a garden tool. I do, however, have a few of the not-as-screen-accurate saws that do work, with one in particular that I use to cut things around the yard. ...and boy is that fun.. :D Exactly like the movie one - loud, smokey, and vibrates. It's awesome..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(motman241 @ May 2 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]1237299[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kell @ May 2 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]1237100[/snapback]
Looks great . Is it functional, can ou fire it up ? [/b]
No, this particular one does not start. ...Which is fine by me, since I really didn't intend on actually using this prop as a garden tool.
[/b][/quote]

From my recolection of the movie, it wasn't used as a garden tool. More in the area of food preperation. :eek

David.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krel @ May 3 2006, 03:06 AM) [snapback]1237319[/snapback]</div>
From my recolection of the movie, it wasn't used as a garden tool. More in the area of food preperation. :eek
[/b]
I have other saws in my kitchen for food preperation. ;)

What make and or brand is it? I work with a bunch of Amish fellows I'll have to see what I can get from them.
Yours looks great nice job.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kdawg1 @ May 3 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]1237377[/snapback]</div>
I work with a bunch of Amish fellows I'll have to see what I can get from them.[/b]
I didn't think the Amish used such modern things as chainsaws, cars, and electricity.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bowelrock @ May 3 2006, 05:29 AM) [snapback]1237384[/snapback]</div>
those are realy hard to come by [/b]
Yes, this particular model of saw is over 35 years old, and only kept around for parts, usually. Another great prop first from me, as I have never seen anyone do this prop correctly.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back