Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, leatherface sculpt

wow! how did i miss this?? I'm huge horror fan. very nice work Lman! I did a few horror masks over the years. Most recently the Mummy from Monster squad.
I really dig this sculpt bro!

Here it is guys, the prototype mask, made of foam latex, and unfortunately, the only copy I will ever make. I had huge trouble with the mold, had to re-sculpt few parts of the mask, so ... Yeah, basically, the TBH (Thomas Brown Hewitt) will be a only copy mask.
Anyways, I'm very glad with the final result, even though I haven't put the stitches on, and I can't wait for your opinions !

Here is a video showing the prototype :

LEATHERFACE finished mask by U.L Collectibles - YouTube

and here are some pictures :

Protoypemask-3.jpg

Protoypemask-2.jpg

Protoypemask-4.jpg

Protoypemask-5.jpg

Protoypemask-6.jpg

Protoypemask-7.jpg

Protoypemask.jpg

Thanks for watching !

Last edited:
Here it is guys, the prototype mask, and unfortunately, the only copy I will ever make. I had huge trouble with the mold, had to re-sculpt few parts of the mask, so ... Yeah, basically, the TBH (Thomas Brown Hewitt) will be a only copy mask.
Anyways, I'm very glad with the final result, even though I haven't put the stitches on, and I can't wait for your opinions !

Looks great!

I'm curious - you made a foam pull of the original sculpt. Wouldn't it be possible to make a new mold from that pull?

Hey Tonykch !
Well, technically, it could work, but it was such a pain to do this one ... I don't know, if I see that many people are interested in getting one, I'll think about recasting the master !
Thanks for the kind words by the way !

Bummer it didn't work out for you that test mask lookss very good. Perhaps you should do a clay pour of your mold just get the majority of a re sculpt out of the way.. I know all the undercuts will pull out but you can re sculpt them. Also if will allow you to adjust some of the spots that are off like the stitch under the eye.. Its not as long as the orginal. That stitch being fixed would bring this mask to another level

Hey Bowelrock !
I'll see if I'll take the time and money to do this clay pull.
By the way, I don't get what's wrong with that stitch under the eye ?

I will have to disagree, even more when I see this picture.

Capturedcran2012-05-15122036.png

Here are some new "natural light" pictures of the unfinished prototype. Still need to clean the edges, stich him up, and retouch the hair and paint :

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Must be the difference between the silicone Hero and the foam latex masks.. There are clearly 2 sculpts, Holy guacamole!

This foam latex mask has a much longer eye stitch.

Scan11.jpg

This eye stitch looks much shorter. The lip details are different. Scott did an amazing job matching the details but things are different if you look for them. IM convinced there were 2 sculpts. Its not the angle or the lighting.

l.jpg

Last edited:
The Hero was a foam latex mask buddy, they didn't use any silicone mask for the "main" leatherface mask, only the kemper one was made of silicone.
Concerning the eye stitch, as I prefer the Hero version, I think my mask is accurate enough for my taste :)

In the documentary when they were speaking about the main killing mask, it was mentioned how Andrew did not prefer the silicone version due to the weight.. I remember this vividly.

Your sculpt is great and looks very much like the Short stitch mask. The lips on the neck are the only real eyesore.

Yep, Andrew is speaking about the silicone weight and the fear he had when he was on the roof of the van, not seeing anything, with a huge, heavy, chainsaw, trying to kill Erin and Pepper, with the ... KEMPER silicone MASK ! :p Re watch it bro, I'm sure of what I'm saying.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back