Terminator T-800 hand

iowadude41

Hey everyone,
I could really use a little help on this item for my T-800. I'm finishing up the forearms, and getting ready to move to the hands, but need your help. I'm trying to make it movie accurate so I need to know what type of piano wire can be used, and where to purchase it? It needs to be wound piano wire. So if anyone knows where to buy it and the exact size, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.. I've attached 3 pics to give you an idea of the part I'm talking about....

Attachments

• 144aa5619b02af0048c324e8af77ccff.jpg
    144aa5619b02af0048c324e8af77ccff.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 86
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 79
  • sergey-roy-robohand-04.jpg
    sergey-roy-robohand-04.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
I always thought those parts were the sheath of a Bowden cable. But piano wire makes sense. Looks like maybe the bass strings?

A quick search finds them for about $25, although in not sure of the size/ length you'd get for that.

Where are these references from?

I always thought those parts were the sheath of a Bowden cable. But piano wire makes sense. Looks like maybe the bass strings?

A quick search finds them for about $25, although in not sure of the size/ length you'd get for that.

Where are these references from?
The pics were found doing a Google search. I've viewed other websites from people building their own T-800, and they used piano wire. Nobody has yet to tell me where they bought theirs. So I'm stuck posting in here to hopefully find someone who can tell me.

Sorry, I can't help there.

I'd only suggest you try to work out the thickness of the strings from the reference and go to a local piano/music store (after checking they sell strings in chrome) to look at some.

Sorry, I can't help there.

I'd only suggest you try to work out the thickness of the strings from the reference and go to a local piano/music store (after checking they sell strings in chrome) to look at some.
I actually found some on a guitar website that are so close to what are in the pics. They just arrived yesterday, and can't wait to work with them. Right now I'm working on designing some plastic universal joints as you can see in the pics as well that mount to hands to the wrists. Found some awesome drawings for them, and drew up some plans of my own. I created one and it works great. Now need 5 more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back