TDK Undersuit

Sidekick

So I've been gathering materials to make my suit. I was thinking of making resin + body filler armor to get the clean lines that I can't get from foam. It looks like 3d mesh is pretty darn expensive, not prohibitively, but it may be a detail that I am willing to let slide (how many non hardcore fan would even notice if I didn't use a chainlink looking mesh?)

Now my question, and I hope that you guys can help me here. What do you recommend I do to attach the armor to the suit. Since the armor plates may be on the heavy side due to the resin and body filler I am worried that it will hang. This tells me that the undersuit needs to be
1. Non stretchy
2. Probably thick

So I am thinking a 2mm wet suit would be appropriate but I can imagine that I'd sweat like a pig in it and possibly die of a heat stroke. Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks!

How about solid black tactical attire.
Think BDUs or ACUs but just black. I think they can normally be found at most military stores. May be the type of material that will work for ya, if you don't get it to loose.
Maybe????

Maybe I'm wrong, but Batman undersuit (Nolan's style) still need to be body tight. Which means you still need stretch material.
I haven't make my bat suit yet, but I can imagine that main part like bell, chest, abs and back and be interlinked and attached like wearing a vest, so this wont sag the suit. Gauntlet can be strapped tightly to forearm, same as shin.
The only parts that truly attached to the suit is thigh and groin, which is thin plates and shouldn't be that heavy (you need to be flexible anyway, so foam/latex is the way, not resin/filler).
I made my undersuit using dry-fit material. It is very comfortable. I just found a cheap mesh fabric, and I was thinking about making it as outer lining. I haven't found black one yet.
If you use non stretch material, expect more wrinkles.
Thick = hot

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back