TDK Joker props (merged)

Found on another forum a good hi-res cap of the knives on the table:
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/albums/testing/Batman_Large_knife_dark_knight.jpg

The "kitchen knife" is in the guy's hand. Next we have what looks like a Trodoon (right?). Then is what I think is the Concord 078. After that the knife with it's blade extended, looks like the Makora. Does this shot help ID any of the knifes. I'm pretty sure the one is a Concord 078, can any knife expert confirm this? The only doubt in my mind is the little screw on the knife's side. I can't find any pics of the side of the Concord 078, so I don't know if it matches.

Its such a good shot that it actually kind of raises a few more questions than it answers. :lol

Looking closely at it, the knife in front appears to be a Troodon. It has a smooth surface that neither the Makora or Scarab have. However, the way its facing in the scene just doesn't fit. If you were to take a Troodon, and position it that way, the belt clip would be table side down, and the screw holes would be facing up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scene is flipped.

It's more plausible than them having some bizzare backwards microtech knife that no ones heard of.

Its such a good shot that it actually kind of raises a few more questions than it answers. :lol

Looking closely at it, the knife in front appears to be a Troodon. It has a smooth surface that neither the Makora or Scarab have. However, the way its facing in the scene just doesn't fit. If you were to take a Troodon, and position it that way, the belt clip would be table side down, and the screw holes would be facing up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scene is flipped.

It's more plausible than them having some bizzare backwards microtech knife that no ones heard of.

One way to find out. When we can get HD caps from the scene movie, see which side of the coat the buttons are on.

EDIT: just checked the screener-rip; sorry, the buttons are on the correct side of the jacket.

Well, thats still a microtech knife out in front... and it still doesn't match up to any I've seen. I mean... it does, it just... doesnt. :confused

Looks like the peeler has a black handle, so that should be an easy and inexpensive prop to pick up. When Joker uses the M1 Garand, does it have a black bolt or silver? I thought it was black but in the old leaked picture it looks silverish. Also does anyone have caps of his various grenades (in the bank scene, mob meeting scene)?

Beware of thebladeshop.com. They list stuff that isn't in stock and will gladly take your money for air. I've been waiting two months for my knife.

"I'm gonna make this pencil... Disappear..... WHAM! Tadaaa! It's..Bahh...It's gone!"

Anyone got a good reference pic to identify the brand/maker of the pencil ?

That would be one nice cheap prop to own :cool

BTW, any infos on the "Joker Poker Set" supposedly sold with 54 "prop replicas" cards ? Is it worth looking at ? For $95 I thought i'd ask before thinking about buying it...

Thx :thumbsup

Last edited:
hey,
I have the joker poker set. I bought it specifically for the joker cards and was not disappointed. The regular deck is even "jokerized". I am thinking about picking up the small two deck set without the chips so I can have another set. The large poker set is also hand numbered. I used the cards and spread them around under my joker props and bust. They are very high quality, just like regular playing cards. hope this helps.
Jim

They sell JUST the cards now? I've been looking for a set with no luck. Just didn't want the whole Poker set as I already have chips and stuff. Just wanted the card set. How much they run for?

Thanks for your input jaakub, much appreciated :thumbsup

I too would only be interested in the cards, and not so much in the whole package.

I know THIS is available four around $20 :

It comes with chips and the regular "jokerized" playing cards but no sign of the movie cards sold with the $99 deluxe set.

Are these movie cards available without the whole set ? I guess not as I didn't find anything. Could be wrong though :confused

I had saw a couple dealers with a few sets in early Dec. for $29.99. I think the general release for them is in April or end of March. I just looked it up on Amazon but it is different now. It only comes with the "jokerized" deck of playing cards and a few poker chips for $20.00. Hope this helps. The set I saw in early dec. was on ebay from a dealer in PA. It had one set of joker cards and one set of vandalized cards. It was $39.99 and he only had 2 sets. Said they were a promo for dealers.
Jim

The whole poker set is $79 at Entertainment earth. I don't know if you have seen cheaper, but maybe this will help. The whole set is great and the joker cards are outstanding and make it worth it to me.
Jim

Thanks again for your help and advice, much appreciated.

I think i'll go for the complete deluxe set. I really want high quality replicas of the movie cards, and what's better than actual playing cards to replicate.... Playing cards. Way to go :cool

Here in France the cheapest is $126 (99 Euros) shipping included........ I could buy from the U.S. but shipping to France is so expensive that it ends up costing even more.

$126...... 106 cards........ $1,18 per card. Not so bad :rolleyes

Alright I just got my Joker knife in the mail today, from roadsideimports.com :)

Thought i'd share some pictures :

Looks dead on to me...

Last edited:
Yep, that's the one. I've got two myself from different dealers back when everyone was trying to score one. I think it's a great knife aside from not being especially sharp. Good design if nothing else. Your looks quite nice as well. Very shiney and no noticable blemishes.

Nice to see that you didn't fall into the fake "joker knife" trap so many other have fallen into. :thumbsup

To be honest I was quite afraid to be sent the wrong one with a serrated blade, or a cheap plastic knock-off.

But luckily it's the real deal. It wasn't cheap ($40) because of the international shipping charges, but i'm not disappointed at all.

The blade is indeed quite dull, but hey, won't use it to cut anything so no big deal. The opening/closing mechanism works perfectly, and the blade springs out with a nice "shlik" :cool

It's not as wobbly as I thought it would, which is appreciable. Also, the blade is perfect, with no scratches or blemishes whatsoever.

Overall it looks awesome and doesn't feel cheap at all. That's definitely a keeper !

Score :thumbsup

EDIT : Anyone has a good screen cap of the "Magic Trick" pencil ? I can't for the life of me find any good reference pic, and my copy of the DVD is stuck is my broken DVD player... I have to bust it open !

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back