TDK Joker props (merged)

wow, that was fast. I just completed my order over an hour ago and at the time he said there were about a dozen left. I'm glad I got mine when I did.If I remember my phone conversation with them correctly, I did hear him say that they could order more. I'm sure they will sell more soon enough. No business would pass up an opportunity to sell so many ties that are in high demand.

wow, that was fast. I just completed my order over an hour ago and at the time he said there were about a dozen left. I'm glad I got mine when I did.If I remember my phone conversation with them correctly, I did hear him say that they could order more. I'm sure they will sell more soon enough. No business would pass up an opportunity to sell so many ties that are in high demand.

I would say this is not so-possible as it may get them in serious problem with people who already got these ties as they were advertised "Limited Run of ONLY 50" and that run includes the several that production bought for Heath Ledger on Dark Knight..and others bought for themselves etc. Funny thing is those ties were sitting at their store for the past 2 or so years! They won't risk their name to make a profit on a "tie"..no matter how popular that is..

Even if they re-relase it..it HAS to be altered slightly on the design to prevent any problems with their old customes.

Same for Oliver's People who made the uber-popular Tyler Durden glasses for Fight Club..once they were gone..they were gone as it was a limited run and many people invested several thousand on those glasses as they were advertised as limited to 300 only. Now people spend upto $2000 on those glasses, and Oliver's People still refuse to re-release more to protect their customers.

I'll probably look eBAY for some ties : /

as nice as owning an original would be - $150 is too much for a tie IMO. I'm sure someone will make a close enough alternative for cheaper. Kudos to those who were able to get one though!

I called when they opened this morning... apparently there is a waiting list right now. Not sure if that means there are some left, or if they will be getting more. The gentleman that deals with them was not in at that time, so I'm currently waiting for a call back. I'll try again in another hour.

If they only made 50 and the production company bought up a few for Ledger to wear, It wouldn't in the least surprise me that one of these ties they're now selling off will turn up in future as 'production made'...

Oh and Oz, Its Oliver Peoples, not Oliver's People :thumbsup

Simon

I called when they opened this morning... apparently there is a waiting list right now. Not sure if that means there are some left, or if they will be getting more. The gentleman that deals with them was not in at that time, so I'm currently waiting for a call back. I'll try again in another hour.

I spoke with the gentleman that is handling them. They will be making more. He said nothing about a "run of only 50," so there you go! Get on the waiting list, I guess! :)

I just recieved word from Turnbull and I was able to arrange to buy one of thier 'Joker' ties. $150 doesn't seem so bad when you figure that replicas are going for $100 on Ebay. Besides which, I often buy designer clothes anyway so I know that this stuff is never cheap.I saw your picture of your Turnbull tie and it looks very green - the movie tie looks more yellow/gold. I was told in my email from Turnbull that the replica ties are 'the wrong colors'. Since you, nickytea, have one of these ties, what can you say for it as far as the color and accuracy?

Interesting that the official tie does look so green - it does appear quite different from the one seen on screen. Tinting due to lighting or whatever may explain the difference, but the photos of the screen used suit seem to be yellow/gold too:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/sweetblackvader/The Dark Knight/DSC00066sm.jpg

I wonder why this is?

Re: TDK Joker SCARS!!!

I think it would be awesome if someone got a hold of the original, production used molds of the scars on Ledgers face....I would pay premium, top dollar just to have silicon casts from that mold(s)....You can get knock off imitations off of the bay, but I would want the most realistic thing possible....I am sure they are out there.....

Re: TDK Joker SCARS!!!

I received a call from Turnbull & Asser today. The official word is that the original run is completely sold out. They plan to make more, however, the company that does there silk will not be open until the end of the month. When they get word from said silk company, they will e-mail those who are on the list.

I'm excited about the possibility of getting socks and a tie made by the companies that made them for the film. We need to track down the shoes now. They are supposded to be from Milan. Do we have any members there that can help?

How about the pocket chain? It wouldn't be hard to create for the production I imagine, but it's a very intersting piece. It's probably darn near 4 feet long and going by the arclight pics in the costume thread, seems to have a gold color to it. I know I've seen chains of crazy length before, but tracking one like this down seems to be a bit more difficult than I thought.

Based on all the pics I have, and proportioning that with my own body, I would guess that the chain in only in the 30-35 inches area. It looks longer than it really is.

Look at screen shots. It's not that long and goes to mid thigh. One end of the chain in that pic is not where it should be.

This is especially clear in the scene when he is hanging upside down. The chain doesn't quite reach his armpit.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back