T1 and T2 Endoskeleton Research Thread

Ah, so it was a violent disassemble. Got it.

I was never a fan of how sanded down this licensed piece was. Though... it could be the source... as I see the same weird sanding choices on other licensed castings. They simply try to sand the eye sockets more open on one side, so they seem more symmetrical. And I do not like that.

I borrowed it from a friend who had already disassembled it.
I do not know how it was disassembled.
But the cross section is broken.
These damages are even visible in the photo. One of the hinge supports is broken off and remains in the jaw.

What are you planning to do with it? Do you want to scan it to use for your project, to make it even more accurate and better?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-25 192736.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 192736.png
    832.3 KB · Views: 13
Meanwhile, alongside my job and other projects, I continue to test various methods of coating models. This time, I made homemade conductive varnish (simply added copper powder to the varnish) and tried to deposit copper onto it using electroplating. However, since all the chemicals I ordered are still in transit, I tried the simplest electrolyte (copper sulfate, water, and sulfuric acid). Because the varnish turned out not very conductive, and its resistance (multimeter probes placed on the painted surface 10mm apart from each other) is in the hundreds of megaohms instead of the required 1-5 kilohms, the surface reluctantly grew copper. Also, due to the overly simple electrolyte, the surface quality turned out to be terrible (in the photo, the copper has already been sanded and polished, but initially, it was very dull because the electrolyte lacks brighteners). Nevertheless, the experiment is still interesting; it's amusing to observe copper depositing on plastic.

Attachments

• photo_2024-04-25_17-42-53.jpg
    photo_2024-04-25_17-42-53.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 22
  • photo_2024-04-25_17-43-22.jpg
    photo_2024-04-25_17-43-22.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 21
  • photo_2024-04-25_16-53-21.jpg
    photo_2024-04-25_16-53-21.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 21
I just want to be able to remove the paint, re-paint it and re-mount it. It's quite hard getting into some areas while it is mounted. Though... being what it is... I guess it won't really matter if some areas aren't cleaned before painting.

Though, I'll probably snap off the jaw pistons and print out my own modeled ones after measurements from gizmo's casting. The ones that are on there now are LFS style with the thin rod going down to the jaw being bent, which looks weird.

Cool experiment. There is a youtuber who has loads of DIY chrome and gold plating plastic piece videos up. I can link him here if I find him again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back