T.O. fanexpo 2013 - who's going?

I'll be there. I'm attempting to sew up a costume for Havok (from the Uncanny Avengers). Lots of issues for a first-timer, though. Including learning how to sew and then trying to sew something that isn't from a pattern. At least the only bits I need to sew and can't just buy are the mask and gloves. And I could probably buy the gloves if I look hard enough. I should probably do a build thread so everyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'll be there. I'm attempting to sew up a costume for Havok (from the Uncanny Avengers). Lots of issues for a first-timer, though. Including learning how to sew and then trying to sew something that isn't from a pattern. At least the only bits I need to sew and can't just buy are the mask and gloves. And I could probably buy the gloves if I look hard enough. I should probably do a build thread so everyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm also a beginner sewer/costumer. I have a month to do my Robin costume, augh! I may have bitten off more than I can chew... :p Let me know if you do start up a build thread - I'd love to follow it!

ARG!

What is this BS with the sports guests? I wanted one autograph from over there, ONE. Gordie Howe. (Would have wanted Bobby Orr as well but I already had the chance to meet him. Nicest guy on the planet)

Now I see that they're charging different autograph prices based on the item??? BS. What does it matter what I bring? It's all the same to you. Check these prices out:

$99.00 per Autograph: Regular item
$149.00 per Autograph: Medium item
$299.00 per Autograph: Premium item

And of course it doesn't say what items constitute those categories. I purchased a Howe jersey ($80) specifically for this and I'm willing to bet that counts as a "Premium Item". The card shop near me has the same jersey, autographed, for $300.

So disgusted right now. :thumbsdown

If the prices were more reasonable I would have probably gotten a few other folks as well but this is nonsense. So much for welcoming sports fans.
You could always go to the home depot in East-york on Currity st. Camp out he's in about once a month Gilmour too...GM

You could always go to the home depot in East-york on Currity st. Camp out he's in about once a month Gilmour too...GM

Lol. Ya, not going to camp out. Gilmour was my favourite player when I was younger, I've since had the opportunity to actually get to know him on a few occasions so I might drop in and say hi but otherwise I'm completely skipping the sports section. :thumbsdown

I will be in Artist Alley/Small Press at Table A237 helping with Damon Bowie art.
Figured I would show you the exclusive print for sale.
$25. Limited Edition to #100 and never printed again.
For all you Hulk Hogan fans. He will also be there in the Sports Celebrity autograph area so you could go get it signed too.
hulkgoan.jpg
For more info check out our facebook.
www.facebook.com/damonbowieart

*I know this isn't exactly typical RPF stuff but I figured since it has to do with Toronto Fan Expo I would post. Sorry for the Shameless Self Plug!

I'll be there for the four days. I'm hoping to revive the remains of my Cylon from last year. I also have a Star Trek Next Generation costume and my attempt at an Into Darkness style one as well.

I'm here the whole weekend. You may be able to find me occasionally at the South Tower Armour booth (1516), but they mostly needed my help for setup and tear-down rather than actually running the booth so I'll be off seeing the sights a lot!

I'll only be there Friday this year... Avoiding the craziness that is Saturday this year. Plus the ticket price for Saturday has gone up ridiculously; I still ever when it was only $25 !!

I'll be there Saturday (hopefully I'll get in without too long a wait in line).

I'm going to try to make it early- with luck before 11am.

I'll be dressed in my Dredd 2012 Judge outfit (just put the finishing touches together tonight)!

That is... if no one in the general public calls 5-O on me like they did two years ago. :rolleyes

Oh and I just checked the website... $50 bucks for one day?!?!?! :eek :angry

Kevin

I'll be there Saturday (hopefully I'll get in without too long a wait in line).

I'm going to try to make it early- with luck before 11am.

I'll be dressed in my Dredd 2012 Judge outfit (just put the finishing touches together tonight)!

That is... if no one in the general public calls 5-O on me like they did two years ago. :rolleyes

Oh and I just checked the website... $50 bucks for one day?!?!?! :eek :angry

Kevin

Ya, pretty ridiculous really. :thumbsdown

Anyhow, I'll be there at open wearing my "Star Trek" shirt in the Star Wars font. I'm a 6' bearded guy, if anyone sees me say hello!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back