*Symmetrical* ST helmet sources, please?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Without naming names, I know about the current darling of ST helmets. It looks fantastic. However, the anal-retentive in me hates the idea of an asymmetrial ST helmet. Would the Empire really make wonky helmets like that?

Let me be clear - this is is no way a criticism or slam on screen-accurate asymmetrical ST helmets, or those people who produce or buy them. All I'm saying is that, just for me, I'd prefer the symmetry over screen-accuracy.

Is there anyone out there currently doing something like this? Or is screen accuracy pretty much the name of the game nowadays?

Thanks!

Im with you on this one squirk. i feel its a very fine line between screen acuracy and a good show piece, lets be honest most screen used stuff is built quickly under a strict deadline. if i was after screen accuracy then i would get a screen used piece. until then i want suff that looks good. all of my props are displayed in my tattoo studio, so i want them to look good. if i had an actual screen used piece then i wouldnt mind explaining the reason why some of it may appear "rough"
lets take ST stuff for example... if youre out trooping most people dont know about the prop forums and the difference between a "polished" costume or a screen accurate one, and may think the sceen accurate one is a "cheap repop" i for one want what im wearing to look better and get more attention than the guy next to me.

Im with you on this one squirk. i feel its a very fine line between screen acuracy and a good show piece, lets be honest most screen used stuff is built quickly under a strict deadline.

Exactly! I would bet my left hand that if we went back in time and gave Ainsworth unlimited time, resources and 'druthers, he would have made a perfectly symmetrical helmet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back