Syfy's Dark Matter

I liked the show but I only watched the first season. When a show is really good these days I put it on a list to get on Blu-ray. So I'm probably part of the problem for not watching when it airs. But then I tend to DVR it anyway so I can skip the commercials. So I don't know how that works out for the numbers.

I'm going to read the blog post by the show's creator after I catch up. I saved it off a story on Dark Horizons about the cancellation. I wonder what Syfy will replace the show with? Dark Matter and Killjoys, another good one, seemed to go together.

Sorry to hear about Dark Matter I enjoyed the show. I was always behind the times as I refuse to pay the expense of SyFy on cable. But a binge on the season blu rays was good even a year or more later. Of course if they worried less about what they called their channel and avoided the expense of rebranding it every few years perhaps it would cost less. I think The Expanse is even better but it is based on some good early books. However if it follows the storyline of the books I believe it will be less enjoyable in the middle arc. I also bought the first two seasons of The Magicians and could not make it through the second season. I guess I am too old to watch snowflakes make stupid decisions and believe it is a plot.

Sorry to hear about Dark Matter I enjoyed the show. I was always behind the times as I refuse to pay the expense of SyFy on cable. But a binge on the season blu rays was good even a year or more later. Of course if they worried less about what they called their channel and avoided the expense of rebranding it every few years perhaps it would cost less. I think The Expanse is even better but it is based on some good early books. However if it follows the storyline of the books I believe it will be less enjoyable in the middle arc. I also bought the first two seasons of The Magicians and could not make it through the second season. I guess I am too old to watch snowflakes make stupid decisions and believe it is a plot.

I like The Expanse a lot, but right now there are zero characters in it that I care about. It's very well made (keeping budget in mind) and I really like that they tried to make it "believable scifi", but it's also essentially "Game of Thrones in space" in terms of the overall mood- miserable, cold and unforgiving.

Dark Matter, though riding very heavily on the coat-tails of Firefly, at least had some "lovable nerdiness" to it.

Then there's Killjoys, which I also think is OK, but it generally plays much too smugly about how cool it thinks it is.

Reading Joseph's blog, it looks like they are trying to get picked up by someone else and that he had originally planned the show to be five seasons. It sounds like they pitched the show to three broadcasters or maybe Netflix like streaming sites and two have already said no.
https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back