Swamp Thing Sculpt WIP

Worked on it a little more, added some more texture:

15lfront.jpg

16lback.jpg

17rtback.jpg

18rtfront.jpg

19closeup.jpg

I used a couple of different pumice stones, which added some textures I really like. Not done yet, but it's getting there.

Ya it's startin ta look more organic I'm lovin th' texture that ya got from pumice how exactly did ya apply it ta the clay? Could ya show how ya used th' pumice on a separate piece of clay bra.

Thanks guys!

Rysjin, I'm basically just pushing the pumice into the clay---sometimes lightly, sometimes harder for a deeper texture. I'm using two different stones: one was an attachment for a sander for furniture refinishing (yields the larger, deeper textures), the other is the kind you use on heel calluses in the shower (which yields a finer textures due to the smaller pores). I'll see if I can take some shots of them later.

It yielded an amazing effect from somethin so simple what gave ya th' idea ta use those? I'm tryin' ta learn about th' different methods an materials that th' members on this forum use during their build projects.

It yielded an amazing effect from somethin so simple what gave ya th' idea ta use those? I'm tryin' ta learn about th' different methods an materials that th' members on this forum use during their build projects.

I was cleaning out my shop last week, when I ran across the pumice sander attachment. I was debating on whether to keep it or not, then I started thinking "what would that do to clay?" After I tried it out, and liked it, I grabbed the smaller one out of the shower. Here's some pix, with each stone sitting beside the texture it makes:

20pumices.jpg

21largepumice.jpg

22smallpumice.jpg

I can remove excess clay from the stones with mineral spirits. I'm going to have to break both up, so I can get into tighter areas.

Thanx that really helps me understand how ya got that type of effect /w/ th' pumice. I love th' work that ya doin' thanx for sharin.

laugh it up furball!!! mytouch 3G Tapatalk forums

Not much in the way of updates---I was out of town for a week, and haven't had a lot of time to work on it. Mostly I've just been adding texture here and there. After I get it little further I'll post some new pix.

I know what ya mean Bat Texan I've been busy myself yard work, unpacking th' house that I've moved to.

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my sapphire / dream

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back