SW Spaceship Seats? Wanna take a seat

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Falk, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Falk

Falk Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. Falk

3. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Weren't they from a Corvette or something?

4. CustomCreations

CustomCreations Sr Member

You probably need to look at small bucket seats from Sports Cars.

www.classiccarseats.com/

has a lot of sample seats which are already very close.....

Chances are they would be bought in a shop rather than taken from a scrapyard!

5. Falk

6. Falk

7. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. Falk

9. Clerval

Clerval Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. DeanB

DeanB Well-Known Member

Doing some on-line inquiries led me to English rally car seats. Specifically to this site/page mk1-forum.net ? View topic - What rally/bucket seats are these - any ideas discussing a couple of aftermarket seats. The second one looks an awful lot like the seat in the x-wing. The seams for the headrest look a little different than what the x-wing used, but the overall shape and materials look very close. If this is the same seat model, it's possible there are slight variations from seat to seat, or year to year. I wish I could find more photos on-line, but nothing yet. What do you think? x-wing seat comparison-01.jpg

11. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good to me!

12. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

WOW! I asked this exact question re: the XWing seat a day ago on another thread - AWESOME FIND! :)

13. Wavey

Wavey Well-Known Member

Fantastic! The advert even has the suspected Corbeau GT seat on sale. Look at them prices in '73 - drooling!!

14. Falk

DeanB likes this.
  15. DeanB

DeanB Well-Known Member

I'm glad I could contribute. Good luck in finding a seat! You might start with the folks at the mk1-forum.net site. I'm personally not interested in purchasing an actual seat, but if any of you ever happen to get one, I'd really appreciate some photos (orthogonal views especially) and a few critical dimensions so I can recreate an accurate 1/24 scale replica.

TinyTim likes this.
  16. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

17. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

18. Dewback_Rider

Dewback_Rider Active Member

I found that when the 'Terry Hunter' brand changed to 'Huntmaster' in 1974 the 'Easy Rider' became the 'High Rider'. Also ,another new brand name appeared on the scene,'Billover',unfortunately I do not know much about them except they were owned by a company called the 'Mill Accessories Group', but it looks like they took over the 'Paddy Hopkirk' and 'Terry Hunter' designs, even naming the 'Carrera' and 'Easy Rider', 'Carrera' and 'Easy Rider'

19. Stormy320

Stormy320 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

20. DanRickard

DanRickard New Member

Hi Guys, just joined the RPF so I could let you know that I have just bought this on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331663126257

Been searching ever since I found this thread last year and this looks fairly close to the pictures posted above. I'm picking it up in a few weeks so will post some better stills once I have it. Hopefully its in good condition and matches the correct shape for the X-Wing seat. I cant tell 100% from the Ebay photo but looks pretty good to me.

I'm going to use the seat for my X-Wing cockpit and simulator that I am slowly building. I started a blog about it, but its massively behind and when I get a chance, I'll do a few more posts to show where the project is currently at.
    http://xwingsim.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers

Dan