Superman Returns embelm....almost there!!!

jedi_master_adam

Well, I mentioned in another post that I was working on a Superman Returns Shield. I wanted to show some progress pics. Those little "s's" have been a pain to sculpt but I'm finally done. The shield is 9 inches wide, 5.75 inches tall, and very thin. This is just the top part I will sculpt the yellow part next and make a two part shield that will be glued together. I will most likely cast the shield in urethane rubber. On to the pics.

Here is the shield before the "s's"

IMG_3623.jpg

Here is another angle

IMG_3624.jpg

It's very thin

IMG_3621.jpg

The "s" texture

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

a close up

IMG_3635.jpg

Pretty amazing bro . :thumbsup

I can only imagine what a pain that was, where patience is concerned,
you got the goods :lol Well, besides the OBVIOUS talent that is ;)

It's looks VERY nice man, seriously. If you decide to sell a couple of these
to recoup your R&D, please count me in .

BTW- What the hell WERE they thinking with all those "S's" anyway? :lol

FP

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Once I get closer to finishing up the molds and the second part of the emblem I will post more information and pics.

Wow, I hope you didn't damage your eyesight with all those S's. (thinking of Blythe "The Forger" from The Great Escape.) That looks awesome.

I noticed that number 3,486 and 3,487 "S"'s are too close together.
Bah.
Amature.

Ummm...let me know when they're available. :$

Please tell me you have a little stamp you are using for the esses and not doing them all by hand.

Even so, it would take forever to do..

It looks great, can't wait to see the finished pics.
:D

<div class='quotetop'>(Vaderman @ Jun 22 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1265613[/snapback]</div>
Please tell me you have a little stamp you are using for the esses and not doing them all by hand.

Even so, it would take forever to do..

It looks great, can't wait to see the finished pics.
:D
[/b]

:) Yes I made a litle stamp and yes it took quite awhile. Here are some updates

Well I finished the mold and the first casting. Here is a pic.

sprmn_36602.jpg

Then I finished making the back part of the shield, and put the two pieces together. Sorry the pic is a little shiny.

spmn2.jpg

I just have to get a good glue to permanently attach the two pieces together.

Now on to sculpting the belt.

I did an "S" sculpture as well, but I was on a time limit and there was NO WAY that I was going to try to sculpt in all those little s's.
You did an AWESOME job on yours, I'm quite jealous. hehehe. I also love how thin it is. I was using a movie poster as reference rather than a photo of the costume because it was pretty early on when I was ask to do it... I'll post a photo, but its not nearly as detailed. (although I'm pretty happy with mine, yours does ROCK.)

Symbol01.jpg

(I'd also be interested in a copy of yours... As well as the belt when you get it done.)

i bought one of the toy "s"'s it's way undersized but kool none the less, can anyone tell me what the actual size of the "s" should be?

Nick

<div class='quotetop'>(lilpropdude @ Jul 6 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1275494[/snapback]</div>
i bought one of the toy "s"'s it's way undersized but kool none the less, can anyone tell me what the actual size of the "s" should be?

Nick
[/b]

Closer in size to the shield on the watergun. But it's all about relative scale when worn on your chest. I have a shot somewhere of the NYC display and a watergun in frame for comparison.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back