Superglue white "haze"

pfillery

Using superglue (as mentioned on here as the correct method) for fitting t-track to a graflex lightsaber, but the underside gets a white haze from the superglue. I got one track piece on and despite trying to wipe it away, it has remained. Looks like it will have to come off and be redone.:cry

Is it the type of glue I'm using, should it be a 2 part epoxy instead? Any tips? Surely someone has come across this before. Maybe our Australian superglue is different.......

When using the glue put your part in from of a fan. The glue fumes/vapor cause the haze and the fan moves them away. You can also use a kicker for the glue to get it to cure immediately.

To remove the haze I have had success in the past by applying alcohol to the haze. If the haze has settled on a alcohol based painted area then this obviously is not a solution. Sometimes buffing with a soft cloth works as well.

try rubbing alcohol as suggested (isopropanol) or wipe off very very carefully with acetone on a Q-Tip, since acetone is very agressive. Should remove superglue (cyanoacrylate).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back