Done / Completed Suit

Re: Iron Man 3 XLII Full 3D printed suit **New Pics post #284**

I swear your stealing these from Stark Industries! That looks so good!! Excellent work as always :)

A work of art. Better than I imagined.

Will you be offering just a helmet? Or is it an all or nothing type thing?

Im in the market for a 3d printer. Im thinking abut the gigabit. Can you give me some noob advice? (PM please)

Reel is going to win for sure, I'm still searching for the perfect dark chrome and the somewhat goldish silver. Found my red (toyota red 3R3) and gold (volvo lunar gold 469) though, already painted the red parts on the helmet and the golden parts on the shoulders, need to redo the faceplate as I scratched it unfortunately. I'm not posting anything until it is a perfect as I can get them !
iron-man-mark-42-costume-91.png
Red circled parts are in a very shiny goldish silver, that appears full blown gold depending on the lightning, while green circled parts are a slightly less shiny dark chrome. Currently experimenting with Alclad II high shine tints, we'll see what it looks like.

Iron Man 3 XLII Full 3D printed suit **New Pics post #284**

Reel is going to win for sure, I'm still searching for the perfect dark chrome and the somewhat goldish silver. Found my red (toyota red 3R3) and gold (volvo lunar gold 469) though, already painted the red parts on the helmet and the golden parts on the shoulders, need to redo the faceplate as I scratched it unfortunately. I'm not posting anything until it is a perfect as I can get them !
View attachment 300564
Red circled parts are in a very shiny goldish silver, that appears full blown gold depending on the lightning, while green circled parts are a slightly less shiny dark chrome. Currently experimenting with Alclad II high shine tints, we'll see what it looks like.

I found the color you have circled in red. That silver-gold color.

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reel what lighting kit did you use for the eyes? The helmet is kick ass btw!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back