Suicide Squad

Hope to see an official release soon! Leto's voice is pretty much what i was expecting, and the look works in motion, the tats on him and Harley don't bother me while in they are in action

Two things:

I see Bats in there,so I'm guessing this is gonna be tied to the new DC films like the BvS and all that....

Which means this is the Joker we're gonna be stuck with? 'ol tatted up,meth head,hot topic guy? meh.
suicide squad being part of the DCEU with BvS was never in question, that's been clear since day 1 ? Further proof is the robin costume in the batcave in the BvS trailer all tagged with joker's taunting. Probably means that robin got a taste of the crowbar. So yeah, Leto is the definitive joker in the new universe. Doesn't mean they can't change his look a little bit if they want I suppose.

suicide squad being part of the DCEU with BvS was never in question, that's been clear since day 1 ? Further proof is the robin costume in the batcave in the BvS trailer all tagged with joker's taunting. Probably means that robin got a taste of the crowbar. So yeah, Leto is the definitive joker in the new universe. Doesn't mean they can't change his look a little bit if they want I suppose.

Didn't even notice the Robin outfit,thought it was a batsuit.

So we've got a worn down,pissed off Bruce Wayne who's not only been around the block but got run over a few times too many and now he sees Superman and it's just on boys.

Kinda smart on DC's part,with the characters well established they can make all kinds of back films like Suicide Squad and whatever they plan with Batman here.

Does anyone one know the name of that song/instrumental played in the SDCC trailer? Sounds pretty awesome. Where can we get that song? Anyone?
Don't know if that particular version is public yet but it's a Bee Gee's song. It's been remade dozens of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
That trailer actually looks decent. Granted we dont see much, but still...there's some hope there.

It did make me think that I'm getting to old for these movies though. When I was younger, if I heard a line like "how are you going to control them" "Because getting people to act against their own self interest is my job"

I would've thought..."Yeah! Good answer! You tell em! We're gonna get **** done!"

Now I hear it and think "What? Thats not an answer! You totally dodged the question! Can we get someone competent in here?"

I think maybe I've sat through too many meetings.

Outside of the (terrible) look, sure seems like Leto's doing a Ledger impersonation.
Seriously ? His laugh sounds nothing like Ledger's nor the one line we hear him say ...I hope to we get an official trailer soon, to see and hear him better, but so far he looks nothing like any live incarnation we've had, for better or worse.

Seriously ? His laugh sounds nothing like Ledger's nor the one line we hear him say ...I hope to we get an official trailer soon, to see and hear him better, but so far he looks nothing like any live incarnation we've had, for better or worse.
Totally serious. You should listen and watch that again if you don't think he sounds nor looks like Ledger.

It's going to be difficult for some to see what I think are some Ledger-esque vibes I get from Leto's Joker because - they're playing different versions of the same character, so there has to be some similarity. Leto's Joker vocal inflections seem a lot like Ledger - if not almost an impersonation. Leto's Joker dark, smudgy eye makes was a very unique look for his version of the Joker... and it's something that's being carried on with Leto... other than that, we can dismiss the green fair, white face, etc.

...even the way Leto is "getting into character" seems very Ledger-esque. It's almost like he's trying to draw comparison all while everyone is screaming about him unique and his own Joker. (Although, this method acting sctick is a thing for him, as Leto also dressed in drag and went out in public for Dallas Buyers Club. As Olivier told Hoffman: "why not try acting, it's much easier" ;) ).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back