"studio scale" McQuarrie Falcon

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a test print - a proof of concept, if you will. The next print will be in ABS so I can just weld all the styrene down to it. But thought you guys would like to see the start of a back back back burner project of mine, for a rainy day - a one-off 32" McQuarrie Falcon :)

Many Bothans died to bring me this far - mostly Stinson and Docmani ;)

10978507_10153129547113156_4094204996679969797_n.jpg

You guys with 3d printers make me jealous lol. Can't wait to see it, i love seeing the original concepts built into kits.

This is a test print - a proof of concept, if you will. The next print will be in ABS so I can just weld all the styrene down to it. But thought you guys would like to see the start of a back back back burner project of mine, for a rainy day - a one-off 32" McQuarrie Falcon :)

Many Bothans died to bring me this far - mostly Stinson and Docmani ;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1432473754_2cbb0df2650a44eb3f57cc0e9840192c
You get all the good toys, 3d printers are like christmas morning simulators

Re: "studio scale" McQuarrie Falcon

Well yeah, that thing gets used almost every day!

"we need a place to store bags of snacks in the kitchen? TO THE LASER!"

- - - Updated - - -

(our snack bin is FANCY)

I just love the design of it. My first thought was maybe using something like that as the basis for the 5ft Falcon sub-structure.

I thought this was a pretty dang clever thing to build off of, too! Doc is going to move the engine area's armature inward some more, to make room for lights, and I also realized we need the hex heads to be flush and not proud - they will interfere with the skinning!

5 ft armature??? the picture goes from his shoes to just above the knee... Jason might be a big man on campus - but he is human for crying out loud :lol

Jedi Dade

Even though I knew this was for the 32in McQuarrie version when I saw the image of the armature I thought that might be a good design for the innards of a 5ft Falcon as opposed the standard method.

5 ft armature??? the picture goes from his shoes to just above the knee... Jason might be a big man on campus - but he is human for crying out loud :lol

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back