Studio Scale ID4 Alien Attacker..What colors to use?

Nils

Sr Member
Hi,
I´m about to start on the Studio Scale ID4 Alien Attacker, do you guys know the correct colors to use?
Thanks,

Hello: I re-painted my ICONS ID4 Attacker to give it a custom metal/organic look, just like the screen-used miniatures. The ICONS paint job was the base color & then I sprayed metal blue, olive drab, airbrushed dark grey & flat black, as gave a few washes of dark tan before I sealed it with a semi-gloss sealer. I liked the results I got... good luck with your paint job & make sure to share some pics.

Last edited:
Where did you get your model? Is it a kit or a re-paint you're doing?

The model props I have seen have just been a dull grey colour, but they look various colours in the movie which, is just the result of lighting I guess. There're some pics on my thread you could use for reference.

Thread name:

Independence Day - ID4 Alien Attacker Flying 12 Foot Model Spacecraft - Real Deal!

:)

I used to own an Icons Attacker - bought it several years ago on Ebay (and it was a Holy Grail thing to me too) I remember when Icons first released it and I slobbered over pictures of it, hating that I could not afford one.
Well, as fate turned out, I could not even afford to keep it once I finally got one (almost ten years later!) so I had to sell it :cry
The paint job on it was pretty shotty - I never got around to redoing it, but I do know there are some former ICONS people on the board here (forget who they are though) they may be able to help you because from what I understand, ICONS sold a few Attackers that had a movie-accurate/quality paint job.
Looks like a greenish color sometimes...tricky this one is!:rolleyes

Hi,

Lear60man on this board, said in a previous thread that "the Icons ID4 Attacker were made in black resin with silver undertone. Flat dark greys and patina greens".

Fred

I too been looking for AA for a long time. And yesterday, I got lucky. It will become one of my holy grails and sure will be getting a new case for it. Can't wait!!

Last edited:
Hello: I re-painted my ICONS ID4 Attacker to give it a custom metal/organic look, just like the screen-used miniatures. The ICONS paint job was the base color & then I sprayed metal blue, olive drab, airbrushed dark grey & flat black, as gave a few washes of dark tan before I sealed it with a semi-gloss sealer. I liked the results I got... good luck with your paint job & make sure to share some pics.

Great job on the repaint. I too will be retouch mine when I got it.

Where did you get your model? Is it a kit or a re-paint you're doing?

The model props I have seen have just been a dull grey colour, but they look various colours in the movie which, is just the result of lighting I guess. There're some pics on my thread you could use for reference.

Thread name:

Independence Day - ID4 Alien Attacker Flying 12 Foot Model Spacecraft - Real Deal!

:)
I got it from this guy: http://www.goldenarmor.com/id4page1.html/

One day, I will have to pick one of these up to replace my since-sold ICONS.
Anyone have any ideas for a display base? The one on Goldenarmor's site looks pretty good - the Icons version looked like the surface of the mother ship with lots of detail.

Yes, I think the Icons base is molded from a mother ship.

I remember collectors displaying their ID4 Attacker, jammed in a kind of clamp, like in the final scenes, inside the mother ship.

Fred

You would be doing any of us who will be painting one of these in the future a great favor by posting all your 'in progress' pics when you start doing your attacker.
Best thing about these threads is what you learn from other members' work.
I look forward to what you can accomplish.
Married huh? Well, I hope your new wife understands and appreciates your hobby - that's one of the selling points right now with my GF!

You would be doing any of us who will be painting one of these in the future a great favor by posting all your 'in progress' pics when you start doing your attacker.
Best thing about these threads is what you learn from other members' work.
I look forward to what you can accomplish.
Married huh? Well, I hope your new wife understands and appreciates your hobby - that's one of the selling points right now with my GF!

Yes, I will absolutly post progress pics.
Regarding the wife, we have been together for 14 years and I have always been modeling, she´s fine with that as long as I put the family first (and I always do).

Yes, I will absolutly post progress pics.
Regarding the wife, we have been together for 14 years and I have always been modeling, she´s fine with that as long as I put the family first (and I always do).

Yes, family is ALL.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back