Steampunk proton pack

Johnfinx

Hi all, I'm new here, so I'll start off with a funny story. I always liked the Ghostbuster proton pack, so I decided to give it a try making one. I didn't know at the time there was such a large support group to assist in replicas, so I just built it from pictures out of junk from my garage. Halfway through, I found a forum (gbfans) and it made the completion of my first pack a lot easier. Well...I really didn't learn from that experience, because when I built a second pack (this time a steampunk version) I really didn't research it that well. Again, I made it out of junk, and took it to a comicon to see how well it was received. After talking to a few other people about their props which were made of foam and other lightweight, easily manipulative material, I realized I built it the hard way.... Out of real wood, pipe, and brass fittings. So I get invited up to talk with a group, and they ask how I utilize foam in my projects. I go off talking about how to use it as padding for my pack, as it weighs enough to become uncomfortable after a while, and everyone is looking at me wondering what the heck I'm going on about. They were talking about EVA foam, which I had never knew was used this way. Oh well.... live and learn! Anyway, here's a pic of the pack:
20200129_175651.jpg

Wonderful. I particularly like your eye for design in the section below the bells. Running the cables on the angle does a nice job of creating visual flow to your version.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back