Steampunk Predator?

BranHeadhunter

Jr Member
The story goes, I have a buddie really into Steampunk. We got this idea that I should do a Steampunk Predator, or at least a Predator who hunts these people at these conventions and such. I've already gotten some negative views because they think it would be like bringing Spock to a Jedi convention if you will.

I however have been trying to explain that if you look at the mythology of the Predator species, they seem to either have time travel technology or just be a super old race/age slower than humans do, especially when considering the fact that they hunted dinosaurs in the comics (from what I remember) and that the elder gave Danny Glover the "civil war musket" at the end of Predator 2.

Anyway the idea that a Predator could have come to the glory days of steam engines/turn of the century post reconstruction era is not too far fetched in my mind.

Personally I have no desire to "dress up" like this whole steam punk thing, but I really enjoy hanging with these guys and my questions to the forum go as follows.

Do you think this is an interesting take on the idea of a Predator?
What are your suggestions on how to cross the two hobbies?

I'm open to anything really, and so far I have only gotten as far as purchasing a raw P1 Mask, Bone Necklace, Mr. Incredible Suit, Liquid Latex, various mechanisms for the blades, football padding to modify into a custom armor, lacrosse/paintball shinguards to be modified, a ton of fomies and a compressor for painting.

I have no dreads yet, no real decorations besides the one necklace, no hands, no feet, no bio. Keep in mind however, I'd like to be able to make this into not only a "Steampunk" related thing but I'd like to be able to just take whatever was defining him as such and discard it for when I attend anything where I'd desire to just be a "normal predator"

Thanks Hunters
-Brandon Headhunter Miller

there are no rules and restrictions when it comes to creating your own version of a Pred-- some will accept it --others wont. As long as you like it is what matters.

It can be done. Although I'm actually not a huge fan of steampunk, I did draw a Bio in that fashion:

2009_SteamPunked_by_PredatrHuntr.jpg.png

Whatever you dream up, you can create. ;)

There is a picture somewhere online of a Steampunk explorer lady with a Predator on a leash. The Predator has elements of Steampunkery on him, as in his colour scheme for his armour is the browns and golds rather than the usual colours for armour.

I think if you were going to do this, the key would definitely be the colours, and brass fixings rather than steel etc etc. It could definitely work, with just little things like instead of having a bomb computer, having a clockwork and cogs mechanism on the gauntlet instead.

I say do it. I personally would love to see it! I'm a big Steampunk fan and think that anything can be Steampunk'd with the correct amount of love and creativity.

It can be done. Although I'm actually not a huge fan of steampunk, I did draw a Bio in that fashion:

2009_SteamPunked_by_PredatrHuntr.jpg.png

Whatever you dream up, you can create. ;)

dude this is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Also @Lady Zero. that's a pretty valid idea as well. Anyone have suggestions on what to do for a trophy that looks like I killed a steampunk. I have an old WWI style gas mask, and I'm thinking maybe decorating a trophy skull with goggles/tophat or something.

Anyway this is all up in the air right now. I really want to be able to attend the events as both a "Steampunk Predator" and then other events as a "Normal Predator" Perhaps I could make each set of armor different? One with the brass looking style and the other a Steel?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back