Steampunk Ironman Helmet WIP - 5/31 update

Re: Steampunk Ironman Helmet WIP - 3/14 update

Hey Indie, what did you connect the spring to in order to "spring load" the helm? I cant tell from the pics.......looks like one side is on the nose area but where is the other end connected? The top point? Im so confused LOL........

Fantastic work, I am just getting into Steampunk! In fact all things Steampunk. I have really enjoyed reading all these pages!!

Sorry for the long silence, I'm been working my tall off... unfortunately, it's all been on the workshop (insulation, paneling, air conditioner, cabinets, tool boxes, etc). I've got another couple of weeks of work to get things into "functional order" before I can start up the Steampunk Iron Man costume again, but it's NOT forgotten or abandoned!

Stick with me... I'll be back soon! (y))

Re: Steampunk Ironman Helmet WIP

So here are some updates on the work I have been doing on .......Moetron , Not to be confused with Ibprofen. The cans in the respirator are sound activated plasma discs that light up when I breath, Walking and stomping noises are provided via A MSP ( I will post a video if I can get it to load) When all is said and done this costume with have interchangeable legs and 2 head/face mask set ups so its like 2 costumes in one.

light mask.jpgmoetron goggle mask open.jpgmoetron goggle mask.jpgmoetron lay.jpgmoetron lights.jpgmoe back plate.jpg

Last edited:

I LOVE the black-wash and distressing you've done on the goggles! Also, the backpack and suit looks VERY cool. Can't wait to see it all assembled and on! Please feel free to post a pic! (y))

This is one of those threads I forget about, and when I see it bumped to the top I let out a little 'SQWEEEEEE!' and read the whole thing beginning to end all over again.

This build is amazing. I can't wait to see you in the full suit. This has gotten me a little into steampunk

the steel sentinel.jpgTHANKS GUYS!:) A great helmet from Indie lots of paint and garbage can go a long way LOL. This build has been so fun for me so far being able to do whatever I want:) I will be posting more pictures over the next few days as I will be wearing the primitive version 1.0 out this weekend for free comic book day and the Iron Man 3 opening weekend. I sort of threw the helmet together in a way that it will be easy to take apart again but I wanted the version I wear this weekend to be as close to "Iron Man " as my costume can look bc as you can notice it has evolved quite a bit as things progressed and when the dust settles I don't think I will be able to call what I have produced a real "Steampunk Iron Man" more of a............Post apocalyptic Garbage punk robot LOL.

Last edited:

GREAT job on the build, man! That paint job is KILLER!!! ...and the +$1,000,000 1965 Shelby in the background isn't bad either! (y))

Thanks for posting the pictures from the opening weekend of Iron Man 3. I have another one that the theatre manager sent me.
8721402780_bca47b3796.jpg

Again, great work! I can't wait to get back to working on mine build now! :lol

View attachment 180739THANKS GUYS!:) A great helmet from Indie lots of paint and garbage can go a long way LOL. This build has been so fun for me so far being able to do whatever I want:) I will be posting more pictures over the next few days as I will be wearing the primitive version 1.0 out this weekend for free comic book day and the Iron Man 3 opening weekend. I sort of threw the helmet together in a way that it will be easy to take apart again but I wanted the version I wear this weekend to be as close to "Iron Man " as my costume can look bc as you can notice it has evolved quite a bit as things progressed and when the dust settles I don't think I will be able to call what I have produced a real "Steampunk Iron Man" more of a............Post apocalyptic Garbage punk robot LOL.

Thanks man! Couldn't have done it without you! Might get some more wear out of it this weekend and hit up the art car parade. I still have some modifications and alternate versions I am working towards so I will pop in now and again to give some photo updates......

Re: Steampunk Ironman Helmet WIP - 5/3 pics of LordGaga's Build!

Saw you at the IM3 movie event this past weekend. I was there as Tony Stark with gauntlet. Your suit looks great. Nice job.

LordGaga, thanx for sharin' those pics brah great lookin' kit love your choice of paint colors standin' next ta that Shelby boss move brah keep up th' good work. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Miktron.png
moe cp.jpg

Figured I would throw up one more picture, I took my old bike apart and used the derailer and brakes and "beefed" up the arms.......after a day @ a con my traps are killing me the weight is intense but they look good.Thank you all so much for the help and encouraging words, I was @ comicpalooza last weekend and it was very well received. Its still a WIP I have some additional ideas so I will pop in every once in a while.

Pay no attention to my neck peeking out LOL I had my helmet off for a while. My hopes would be to have some killer stilt legs done for next year but....there is a wedding in my future and I may take a short building break, You guys all rock I cant wait to see some variations showing up:)

Very cool, LordGaga! I really like seeing your progression as the design evolves and becomes more and more what you want the final suit to be! :)

I've tried all I can see is neck!!!!:eek Lol!!!! ( I feel a disturbance in th' force!!!!):devil looks great, very inventive , and an original take on a IM. keep up th' great work.:cool

MUCH overdue project update...

With the new workshop up and running, I returned last night to the helmet!
8898259388_620b3a9070_z.jpg

I started by cleaning up the resin copies of the 180 degree piping for the sides of the helmet.
8897598621_57ab73b1c0_z.jpg

After sanding on it with my mini-files for an hour, I put it in my newly built indoor paint rig for a quick primer coat.
8897576051_7cc7ed2bfb_z.jpg

*Last night I relied on the shop vent which is directly above my work bench, but my long-term plan is to add a fan directly on this rig. And since I can place this directly in front of one of my shop windows I'll be able to simply cut out an air-filter-sized hole in the back panel, then add an air filter and fan. That should safely evacuate the fumes directly out the window at that point.

That's a real nice workshop ya got there indie!!!! I could kill for one like that:devil but I won't lol!!!!! Keep up th' great work brah and welcome back after your hiatus.:cool

Indie - man oh man am I jealous of your new work space.

You need to take some more pics of the inside for us to show us your setup. I see your Dremel hanging there and you've got the flex shaft attached... would love to see how you've got that rigged up.

Great idea for that indoor paint rig.

I've got a 3 door garage and use the 3rd garage for my shop area/lawn care storage area. I wish I had a little dedicated shack like that in my back yard.

Keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back