Statesman: Kingsman Golden Circle inspired Cosplay

chrisnupp

UPDATES ARE IN THE REPLIES OF THE THREAD

Good morning you all. I am a huge fan of the new Kingsman movie and having lived in South Carolina, Texas, and Kentucky while being in the USA (military brat) I figured I'd make a Statesman inspired cosplay/costume. It's fairly straightforward with some things that need making and others that need purchasing. Please note, since we only really have info on 3 or 4 statesman agents Champ(agne), Tequila, Whiskey 1, and Whiskey 2 (halle berry) I will be creating an original Statesman agent probably named Bourbon because I live in FRICKIN KENTUCKY. Alrighty, so now that the BHTS is done I'll make a list based on body parts from top to bottom.

Head:
-Stetson. Leaning on this design, maybe not color, but definitely felt
-Glasses: Leaning on not doing glasses. See below for reason.

Torso:
-Options: Either a white button-up shirt, or a standard solid color tshirt.
-Denim lined coat:

-Solid color 1.5' Belt (leather)
-Flask belt buckle: I ordered a plain one from Amazon (8.59 and free shipping) and am borrowing an electric engraver to put the logo in.

Lower Body
-Jeans: Regular wrangler, levi, whatever you want!
-Cowboy Boots. I already own a couple pair. based on belt color pick means the boot color

Props:
-Revolver on a shoulder strap: Revolver is con safe, a toy designed for kids, but real size. the shoulder harness I'll have to custom make based on others. I'm leaning toward the X back design out of faux leather.
-Daisy lever action: got one free from my girlfriend's family, was in the basement collecting dust. Just have to spruce it up a bit.

Other:
-Lasso: I'm tempted to get a lasso or make one, and attach it to the other side of the shoulder harness of the revolver.
-Bull whip handle: Since the bull whip extends out of the handle like some high tech thing, I was thinking of getting a cheap one and cutting it, attaching it to my belt with a homemade loop system.
-Slugger: Gold leafing a louisville slugger with the statsman logo
-Baseball: yup, just like that
-Glasses: I'm really not looking at the glasses since Statesman dont use them (it seems) like the Kingsman do. My memory is faulty, but I don't remember any Statesman wearing them outside the headquarters.

I'll post the processes of everything here. If it's in the wrong spot, a moderator feel free to move this thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 10.11.41.png
    Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 10.11.41.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 10.14.52.png
    Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 10.14.52.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 10.16.26.png
    Screenshot 2017-10-26 at 10.16.26.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Here is the flask all finished. more soon to come with other parts as time allows!

1) Order a flask belt buckle on amazon for 9 dollars.
2) Borrow a carbide or diamond tip engraver
3) Print out a template, I had to manipulate a screenshot to make it flat. printing out on sticker paper would be best, but I don't have that luxury, so paper and tape worked perfectly for me.

4) Start engraving that sweet piece o' work. Go nice and steady, work from the inside out. laying down the fundamentals.

5) Now go back in and thicken up lines that need thickening, correcting shapes, letters, etc until you have your desired outcome, remember you CANNOT erase an engraver.
6) When I was all done I darkened up the engraving using black shoe polish and wiping off excess

Enjoy my friends, hope i have inspired people to try engraving themselves instead of paying a trophy place to do it for them.

Here is an update for all interested! I have the coat, hat, and belt all done.

Statesman Front.jpgStatesman Back.jpg

View attachment 772894View attachment 772895

*No, I will not be using my 1854 Pietta in a con, no my finger is not on the trigger, no there are no projectiles in it.*

What I still need to make is the shoulder holster for a revolver, as well as a daisy rifle (repainting) and i'm probably going to go with hooking a lasso onto my belt somehow.

Last edited:
Alright my fellow makers. time for another update, today I will show how my daisy BB gun got a color change!

Materials:
- Daisy BB gun
- Foil tape
- rubbing alcohol
- SHARP blade
- steel wool
- emery board
- silver & gold rub'n'buff
- leather (optional)

I got this daisy rifle on a deal for cyber monday (idk why, it's not electrically technological), give everything a good clean with some rubbing alcohol. this will help the tape stick harder than properly prepared sushi rice.
image1 (1).jpeg

Now get some foil tape, I used foil tape to experiment with it, since I had never used it before.

image2.jpeg

Cover that sucker where you want it to be silver. and after, take down some of the shine with steel wool, it'll look more like a silver henry lever action rifle that way. I kept the sights black to contrast. I put gold rubnbuff on the bracket to make it look brass.

image3.jpeg

NOT PICTURED: I sanded off the daisy emblem (with an emery board) in the plastic lever and rubnbuffed that sucker silver to match the barrel. I also am getting some leather/ faux leather (whatever is cheapest at the thrift store) to make a cheek rest/bullet holder to cover up the RED RYDER engraving. I will edit this reply when I get that done, just figured you all would like to see some progress made on Agent Bourbon.

Cheers!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back