Starting a new build - Dragonball Z!!! scouter done (except paint)!!!

EyeofSauron

Master Member
well, i got inspired by the scouter build in the prop forum, and now im back in the old days, where i allways wanted to look like those guys.
Well, good news: now i can!

so this is the goal:
Vegeta_Wallpaper_by_Gh3ttoman.jpg

seems pretty straight forward actually :)

now, what is to do:
Chestpiece: working on it:
dragonball-z-scouter-build-sayajin.png-73532d1320356122

i allready printed it and am cutting right now :)
file is made by Dancing_fool, can be found here
saiajin.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
a million credit to him :)
Blue zentai Suit, compression suit, or maybe just blue longsleeve and pants.

White gloves, white boots

Muscle suit: Im gonna go and try to make one, as i dont have the money to buy one. I have lots of foam at home (because i had to make my bed bigger in my college dorm ;) ) that is pretty good i think. also, this muscle suit is multifunctional, so i can use it with other costumes as well :)

depending on motivation, a scouter -> scouter built, needs some work still :)

And also, depending on motivation, a black or blonde sayan hairstyle wig

pretty straight forward, and i am surprised there are close to none builds like this out there

now, this is my build thread, and i will update constantly :)

cheers
EoS

Last edited:
Re: Starting a new build - Dragonball Z!!!

This will be a great build man..Will you be making this battle damaged? And will you be doing that to your own hair? or a wig?

I thought of doing that last year but I wanted to build Broly. He is a bad a**

probably not battle damaged, as the muscle suit underneath will not be perfect enough to make it look lifelike

i think, if im doing the hair, its going to be a wig, but a hair wig, not foam or something. Like a blonde wig permanently made into that hairstyle.
but i havent really thought much about the hair

I am the prince of all saiyansi am the prince of all Saiyans!!! Cant wait 2 see how it turns out. Keep us posted

This is one of my favorite anime series from when I was younger. I always thought the saiyan (I'll use the english spelling, because I'm english :p) armor would make an awesome looking costume, but I haven't really seen it done right yet. I hadn't thought of using pep to do it though, always figured it would be a fabric/leather build.

Aww, you're ditching War Machine? Well, at least you're doing DBZ :). I was planning on trying this with my leftover foam, wife and time permitting.
Good luck!

Happy to have inspired you, buddy!
I would love a copy of this file. PM me if you want to work anything out with it.
I wish I had the capabilities to make such a complicated pep file, but Solidworks' sheet metal tool like to yell at me a lot...

Hey Eye, you should link the Dancin_fool DBZ armor file so that you won't get so many people asking for it.

EDIT - Here is the file Link.
saiajin.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

you can add it to the first post.
thx stealth

i had it in my big pep folder, and couldnt find the origins. But now that i know it, credit will be given :)

Thep13rc3, and jawavive, klick the link for pep file :)
Topshape: no not ditching it, but its kinda cold so i cant continue atm :)
also i usually have a lot of build simultaniously, so nothing will ever be abandoned :)

I did this build in a hurry... Be careful to not leave out the smaller pieces they make a difference. As for the hair, I have seen some tutorials on the cosplay sites. This will look nice once done. Oh and If you need the scouter pm me I have a pdf of all of them.

I wouldnt waste money on the zentai. You can get fitted sweats or even a snug jogging suit that will work great. Good luck and share lots of pics on this one

i found that scouter pdf online, but it seemed real edgy and low poly
im not sure if yours is the same, but if its different, i would very much like it :)

I have a question: Is this already scaled for someone at about 5'10" tall? I am very unfamiliar with pep, but I think I could build this and I want to make sure the scale is right first.

-Matt

i am 6.2, i scaled it to 50 cm in height. Standard setting is 45 cm. just measure from your shoulder to your belt line, and you should be good :)

Subscribed, my favorite anime of all time! I look forward to seeing this!

This is an awesome pep! Thanks for sharing! Let me know if you'd like a scouter to go with it!

You got to make the eye lens thing too, so you can go "...over 9000!!!"

:lol

Hope you get it nailed!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back