Starting A Homebuilt Suit

CalgaryBound

Wasnt sure were to make my first post.I have been looking at this site for a long time and decided to join and start my suit.Im useing Vinmanmac's templetes thanks for that,and useing Mumbakis ideas thanks again for the lower armor and useing foamies for the upper armor.Ive been working for about a month and have the gauntlets made,lower armor,backpack and cannon done.Nothing painted yet but plan on the plasti dip and hammered paint with weathering ontop.

Still have to finish the chest armor and paint everything but its a start I guess.

armor.jpg

arm armor.jpg

front,back armor.jpg

thigh armor.jpg

weapons.jpg

bomb gauntlet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Foamies are wonderful stuff----with enough foamies and glue, anybody can make absolutely anything (my fantasy is to build a fullscale X-Wing fighter.)

:D

Finished some of the suit figured I would share.Duct tape dummy is done also so need to start the skin.Have the tri laser and blue led on order for the bio and cannon.Still have to figure out what Im doing for feet and find the netting to go over the skin.

armor.jpg

bio and shins.jpg

hands.jpg

modified rubies.jpg

necklace.jpg

LIke the pic of the hands. Are they custom made, modified from something or did you buy them like that?. Fantastic build so far.. Well done you.

The easiest netting that I found is a full-length long-sleeved mesh catsuit that I got online. The "fishnet" style works OK, but if you can find a "fence-net" style that has bigger holes and looks even better (but is very hard to find).

I've made feet a couple different ways. One was to just get halloween monster feet and repaint them. Another was to take an old pair of slippers, cut the fingers off a pair of monster gloves and glue them on as toes, then coat the whole thing with latex (that method takes longer but fits better).

Nice work! Where did you get the mask from? Did you add the backer rods yourself or were they already part of it?
The easiest netting that I found is a full-length long-sleeved mesh catsuit that I got online. The "fishnet" style works OK, but if you can find a "fence-net" style that has bigger holes and looks even better (but is very hard to find).

I've made feet a couple different ways. One was to just get halloween monster feet and repaint them. Another was to take an old pair of slippers, cut the fingers off a pair of monster gloves and glue them on as toes, then coat the whole thing with latex (that method takes longer but fits better).

The mask is just a Rubies that I added teeth made from sculpy then installed backer rods with plasti dip and sculpy beads.

I have been actualy looking for the fence net because I read your post talking about it.I have also seen your post useing the monster fingers for toes but I have no latex experience and cant find it localy.I thought about repainting monster feet but cant find any localy yet.

I have been actualy looking for the fence net because I read your post talking about it.I have also seen your post useing the monster fingers for toes but I have no latex experience and cant find it localy.I thought about repainting monster feet but cant find any localy yet.

If you find some let me know---I looked for it too and couldn't find it (all the fence-net suits I saw had no sleeves). It might turn out looking OK without the sleeves, but I haven't tried it. I suppose you could also get two sleeveless fence-net suits, then cut the legs off one and use it as sleeves for the other.

As for latex, I got it online--an 8oz bottle is plenty for a pair of feet.

The difficulty I had with Halloween monster feet is that all the ones I found were too big, so I had to trim them down (by slicing around the soles, slitting up the back, trimming to size and then reglueing all the seams). It was too much like work. ;)

Costume.jpg

Finished airbrushing the lycra suit lastnight (first timer) so figured I would try on what I have done.Still need to mount the backpack,cannon and install the led in the cannon.Waiting on lazer diodes and still have to make feet and repaint the hands.Once I get done I will try and get bigger and better pics if anyone is enterested.

Your best bet for netting is probably going on ebay or a lingerie store online, I just received mine today actually and it was 10 bucks free shipping on ebay it does not have sleeves but I am sure you can find some on there with sleeves. But word to the wise if you have a g/f or wife I would recommend telling them what your looking for, last thing you want is for them to walk in on you looking at a bunch of half naked chicks in lingerie.

Your best bet for netting is probably going on ebay or a lingerie store online, I just received mine today actually and it was 10 bucks free shipping on ebay it does not have sleeves but I am sure you can find some on there with sleeves. But word to the wise if you have a g/f or wife I would recommend telling them what your looking for, last thing you want is for them to walk in on you looking at a bunch of half naked chicks in lingerie.
I actualy found some fish net stockings at the dollar store in the halloween section.I bought 2 pair and cut the feet out of them so I could pull them over my arms and my legs.Seems to work ok for now.

spear1.jpg

spear2.jpg

Decided to make a simple spear today out of a wooden broom stick,pvc pipe,and foamies.Added paint, twine,beads and some chicken bones.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back