Starship troopers Foam MI Armor

Haha! I love it! Although I must say our SST armor is pretty indestructible, even while drinking at Dragon Con. But I must say, this armor would lend itself to being duplicated in this way. Very cool!

Nice work /w/ th' campin mats I'm likin th' raised details. Btw how did ya put those measurements over th' foam pics? Also I like th' work in sketchup .

Nice work /w/ th' campin mats I'm likin th' raised details. Btw how did ya put those measurements over th' foam pics? Also I like th' work in sketchup .

Hey all, measured from my screen used armor.

Some folks have finished up and painted armor in foam based off my drawings. They post up over at Whiskey Outpost a SST site.

I have made much further progess on this because my casting and peping skills are to poor. Still working on getting the armor into PEP and getting the edges to conenct right to unfold.

awesome work ! i was actually wacthing that film the other day and thinking of doing the same with foam matts . if you could post patterns to print out and trace would be great . keep us posted , do you have a source for the morita rifle too ?

I got this far...

223736_10150756658745085_632835084_20668679_6966998_n.jpg

I still need to get some Plastidip and some webbing so I can finish it.

awesome work ! i was actually wacthing that film the other day and thinking of doing the same with foam matts . if you could post patterns to print out and trace would be great . keep us posted , do you have a source for the morita rifle too ?

Sorry, nothing on the morita. But a guy got the rights to whip up copies in fiberglass, he seels them on ebay for 200 as a kit.

here are my first armor pics with some measurements, have at and have fun!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/rikarus/Starshipt Troopers/Shouldersbackmeasurets.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/rikarus/Starshipt Troopers/shoulderfronthalf.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/rikarus/Starshipt Troopers/SSTMIChestmeasurements.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/rikarus/Starshipt Troopers/backplatemeasurements.jpg

and here's the foam on a mannequin:

side.jpg

anything on the helmet. i am starting on a foam set, and your measurements have been great. but i can't find the helmet. the old files were on megaupload, but the site is down.

anything on the helmet. i am starting on a foam set, and your measurements have been great. but i can't find the helmet. the old files were on megaupload, but the site is down.

HIt the Whiskey outpost, helmets you can get from GA, but they are rough. Best bet is to suck it up and do a B Helmet from reelclothes.

I find deleting and redrawing each line one at a time fixes the joining problems. Also switch to x-ray/see-through mode in sketchup and make sure there's no extra faces hiding inside.
Hope this helps you bud :)

Hello, I'm new here and came across this thread as im trying to piece together a SST costume. Due to my size (6-6, 310) however i fear the movie armor may be a little small and thus i'm going to make mine with foam. But i digress, i noticed you mentioned that the helmets from GA are rough, could you be a little more specific as to the problems that it has (or doesn't have), also, would you happen to know if a person with a 7-3/4 to 7-7/8 hat size would be able to wear the helmet? Any advice and Help would be greatly appreciated

Looks like Whiskey Outpost is down and redirects to a Russian site. WE sure do love Russian sites here on the RPF! Anyways anyone got a current upload linkl to the armor files? Thanks.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back