Starship Troopers armor on bendy mannequin?

Jeeves

Sr Member
Hi all!

Kind of a two-part question here, but I recently got one of my holy grails - a hero suit of Starship Troopers armor, and I need to figure out how to display it.

I have my GF trooper on one of those black-flocked mannequins that someone here used to sell, and it is really great.

Questions:
1) I think the Starship armor is heavier - does anyone have it on a bendy mannequin, and does it support the weight OK?
2) Does anyone remember who sold those mannequins?

I will definitely post a write-up and pics when this stuff is displayed. I had to trade away one of my prize replicas to get this suit...but it was totally worth it!
:love

Thanks,
-Jeeves

The armor is a little weighty. I would worry about it being slightly top-heavy unless maybe you used a support on the leg.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm worried about that - the legs aren't the most sturdy things on these bendies. Thanks for the info, Clutch.

Anyone else have experience with these, or have a standard mannequin display? What's killin' me is that this is a female suit, and all of the fiberglass mannequins are in fashion poses AND are on their tippy toes! I don't want to have to deal with cutting holes in the costume to accommodate the leg support either....

Thanks
Jeeves

I beleive it was Scott, Dark Shadow, that used to sell em, hes still a member here. AS for the bendy mannequin, I tried my fett on one a coupel of years ago and it snapped the knee on it, due to the weight, the sst armor I have is definately heavier/sturdier than my fett stuff

Tom Spina Designs also used to sell bendy mannequins if I am not mistaken. Not sure if he does any more, but you can always contact him and ask.

Congrats on your purchase! However, like others, I think the armor MIGHT be too heavy for a bendy. Can't say for sure, but I would be looking at a regular mannequin instead.

Yep, it was Dark Shadow. I knew dark was in the name. Lol! He lives in Delaware but the mannequins are manufactured and shipped from Canada.

I found a tailor in the area and he let me borrow (well, working there in the shop) a men's dressform in my size. I double wrapped it in plastic, then used the 3M fiberglass bandage tape (the stuff that air-reacts, for casts) to make a "copy". Cut it off with tin-snips and viola! Made a stand for it using 1-1/2" pipe run through, a flange and a round wood board.

I saw someone use the same stand, but for their form, they took a couch pillow and wrapped it in duct tape. That allowed them to sinch it in for some shoulder definition.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back