Deprecated Starlord bag....

Here is some shots of the Hot Toys version of the bag showing the third strap for ideas.
View attachment 478240View attachment 478241

If this is true......and after the pm abe sent me.......gonna have a look right now and zoom on my bigscreen again......but if it is what im thinking.....that one of the ends is just a snap to loop leather around either of the secondary D-rings........

- - - Updated - - -

Please add me to the list like we discussed for the 3rd strap please :)

your on there bud.......

for everyone who has time today.....photoshop these next few pics and post what you find.......as i will be leaving for work at 2, i won't have time.......

FINALLY!!!!!!

these also confirm Souls rivet find on the Sling/Bag thread........

from what i can tell......my suspicion was correct. I couldn't see a clip at all. so the small loop would have to be either magnetic snaps or plain.....

and i'm purty sure its connected to the bottom secondary ring......pic three i kinda see one up above the connection....all right folks.....show me your skills.....trying to get this down real quick before picking up again. Would like to have them sent as a set from now on..........And thanks again ABE!!!

You Know, now that I think about it, the tongue coming off the bag for the third strap might be a folded over snap, you may have to reverse it for the people that already got a bag.

but also on this shot, you can see the D-ring still attached.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=362413&d=1407889242

might be a double-D here
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=362411&d=1407889242

I was thinking that as well but it would make more sense to have that loop open up to attach to the rings on the bag.....upper ring tighter fit and lower looser.......kinda get what im sayin here???

on your first pic i thought it was a double as well. but ive seen the same "fold/bump" from the leather loop building the bags. You gotta catch it at the right angle......but i could be wrong......and if its a double then the leather loop is just a long strap that you can weave onto the rings......like......uuuuugggghhh.....hhhmmmm.....who here has a toddler???2.5-3 yrs old. You know those belts they sell?? It's a double d-ring and a strap.....nothing pokey for baby.....it's just an over under and you pull on the strap to tighten it.....the 2 rings act like a lock when its pulled taught..................

I kind get what your saying, its good your studying it just to make sure, the double ring cinch is a bit confusing sometimes. Im up for it either way.
Thanks for looking into it though.

I would say let the strap be half riveted on and the loop close with snaps.....did a test with magnetic and you would need the whole row of 5 to "lock" tight enough.....a stress test, so to speak..........i'll put up a pic first thing in the morn......BUT a few regular snaps would work best, a tighter grip.....it wouldn't "pop" off as easily......and they're cheaper.....I could do a Frankenstein again and try to figure out everything.....I'm sure that's what they do anyway........wish I had all the tools and hardware at my disposal........

Okey dokey.......heres the connection.......prototyping b4 final stain and cuts. rivets are just for place holders.....gonna use the 12mm flat to match the rest of the bag, magnetic snaps all around.....tooling leather for the wrap around bit...5-6oz...and from the special feature it looked like the 10mm rounds from the other main strap.....so it'll all match.....

Pictures!!!

needed all five or it will "pop" off under heavy load!!!

the backup rings....

1.5 attached.....

under

2".....

under....

there we go.....for now. gonna let a buddy of mine borrow the blu ray, he has a drive on his tower! Gonna give him the time stamps and see what he comes up with for screencaps. Then photoshop.....hopefully we can put this damned accessory behind us and out of our minds!

ok ....everyone "in progress" a height por flavor.....oh and gyurma as well.......being lazy and don't wanna go thru all the PMs at the moment.......gotta look thru all of them 2marra anyway....but for now.....indulge me....

trying to put up a pic of the staind prototype........got that done today, all i gotta do is put in the stitching........then hammer all the rivets.......but havin a beer and the net sux where i'm at.....might wait till i get home......alot of magnets for the strap and that's why it's 35.....i buy in sets and they come in 10 per.......count 3 for the bag and 7 for the xxtra strap.....

OK this is all I got....tablet six until I learn how to use it in all it's glory

- - - Updated - - -

Err not six........SUX......

Still needs the stitch.......gonna do that when I get home. Abe it's not yours. This is the proto........she'll go up for sale for 28, shipped......has the usual flaws but not noticeable........But that's why it's a prototype. I have enough to make and include yours.......should have her done by the weekend....out by Monday at the latest.......maybe 25.....depends on the first bid......and for the rest of everyone gonna order the correct size strap 2marra....Over a bills worth. But that's every size I'll be needing......should cover 3 bag straps and 4×3rd straps......gotta do all the math still.......But that still doesn't include what I already have........then till 2marra....

Last edited:
Please Re-Read the first post EVERYONE!!!!......Abe .....gonna finish your bag and send the 3rd strap later......waiting on the correct sized straps.......the bag will be shipped mon teus at the latest.....everyone else read the first post.....strap should be here by thurs or fri......all sizes ordered.......then it's off to work....I'm going to thank everyone for being so patient and supportive through this whole process.....y'all are great, I didn't think this would be so popular/enthusiastic. It was for my costume from the beginning...much props to y'all....
TTFN........gotta wait for shipments and such........

- - - Updated - - -

oh and pics up for the proto 2marra morn...............

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back