Starkiller Jungle Gear

Evil Benius

Posted this over on the 501st boards this morning, but then remembered there might be some people over here interested in seeing this.

I have been working on this costume from "The Force Unleashed" for the last few months for Celebration V and finally got a chance to wear it on Sunday after having to abort my attempt on Saturday due to my wife's Ahsoka being a ton of work.

Anyway first some pictures of the full costume:

4895434670_0af09c74de_z.jpg

4895439712_e9947f0a6a_z.jpg

4894850737_d40b2515e1_z.jpg

A few of the straps may be slid out of their proper position due to these photos being taken about four hours after I suited up. I just noticed that my crossing chest straps had shifted up on my torso a bit, but that was probably due to me holding them off my shoulders for a while due to discomfort. Also the dirt makeup I am wearing is pretty washed out in the photo, but trust me I had the hobo look down.

I had several people ask me where I got the macrobinoculars on my back during the convention. They are just the Episode I toy from Tiger Electronics that I modified and repainted. I am pretty happy with how they came out even if most people never see them in photos.

4895005011_c0d80668ee_z.jpg

Right now the boots are the biggest annoyance since each one has 36 feet of cloth wrapped around them. My wife (iycis) was definitely not happy about that and we talked to a friend who has done a Tusken about them to get a better idea on how to modify them after DragonCon.

4895019615_22f6e863dc_z.jpg

I have to say that the costume was a lot of fun to wear and actually held up fairly well over about eight hours. My wife did joke though that I somehow found a way to be in an obscure costume even at a Star Wars convention. We definitely heard a lot of people whispering "Who is that?" as we walked around. However a lot of fans of the game loved the thing as it is a version of the costume that is pretty rare.

More pictures including large sized versions and construction photos can be found here

Last edited:
Love it! As a huge fan of the character, and hopefully soon a costumer of Galen, I can definitly respect how much work this looks like it took. Great job!

I like how it turned out. Why don't you cut the boot down the back and add velcro. Once that is cut and glue the material to the boots. Otherwise it looks great. How did the Ahsoka turn out?

I like how it turned out. Why don't you cut the boot down the back and add velcro. Once that is cut and glue the material to the boots. Otherwise it looks great. How did the Ahsoka turn out?

Thanks. There is actually a zipper on the side of the boot so the plan is to attach the wraps to the boots with a split at the zipper and velcro on either side. We can then cover the zipper with a "camouflaged" velcro piece and do a quick final wrap around the boot just to break up the seam. After DragonCon we will toy around with it to see what works since I probably not be wearing it again for a few months.

Her Ahsoka turned out great, I think she plans on updating her thread here with pics soon so I will not steal her thunder.

This is one of three of the most LEGIT Starkiller costumes that I have seen to date, attention to detail and the materials used really set this this costume apart from most others- well done Evil Benius! I'm 2 days away from finishing my Starkiller from the Force Unleashed 2 Arena Combat Gear- I can only hope ur impressed by it!!!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back