Stargate Universe Door Cog

brandomack

Sr Member
Screen used SGU door cog from destiny.

Its up on ebay, just search stargate prop and its at the top 23hrs left as of 12pm PST

Is anyone here bidding on this? I'd love to get a kit of it.

cheers.

B

I've been shooting for one of the cogs but didnt even see this until it was too late. They add auctions in a weird order and finish with one big item a day later. Weird.

I have grabbed a number of wall panels and a light fixture.

They've been selling quite a few of the door cogs, so I expect more will be offered in the weeks ahead. Overall though, I've been fairly disappointed with the offering from SGU so far. Mostly costumes and set decoration stuff; very few real props. (The communication stones were cool though.)

In total there were 40 door locks and door cogs made by production as its stated on some SGU paperwork that I have
I have one set plus the mould for both the cogs and the lock buttons, and also have a HUGE bag of ready made buttons and other bits that were used by production to make all the other lock sets
.... The ones from production only lit on the red side so I modified mine so that when the brown lock circle is pressed it switches from yellow to red or vica verca and I also added LED's to light the 8 buttons up

In total there were 40 door locks and door cogs made by production as its stated on some SGU paperwork that I have
I have one set plus the mould for both the cogs and the lock buttons, and also have a HUGE bag of ready made buttons and other bits that were used by production to make all the other lock sets
.... The ones from production only lit on the red side so I modified mine so that when the brown lock circle is pressed it switches from yellow to red or vica verca and I also added LED's to light the 8 buttons up

Pictures, wanna see pictures! Also, do you have any idea of doing a run of the locks since you have the production molds?

Would love to get some replica stuff made for you fans out there :)
as believe me , I have LOTS of stuff ...
but first I need to find a prop maker.

Actiprops in USA is only interested in making money out of other peoples props,
and a prop maker in Switzerland and another in France didnt reply to my emails :-(

if someone can tell me how to up a pic thats on my hard drive I'll gladly share the said photo's :)

Would love to get some replica stuff made for you fans out there :)
as believe me , I have LOTS of stuff ...
but first I need to find a prop maker.

Actiprops in USA is only interested in making money out of other peoples props,
and a prop maker in Switzerland and another in France didnt reply to my emails :-(

if someone can tell me how to up a pic thats on my hard drive I'll gladly share the said photo's :)

You have to upload your pictures to a hosting site like flicker or something. Just, please, don't use imageshack. I can never see pictures hosted on imageshack.

Edit: It slipped my mind that you can upload your pictures here on the RPF. Go to the User CP at the top left of the page and look at the side bar on the next page.

As far as prop builders.... you will be able to find many people here that know their stuff. If you cannot find someone here to actually do it for you, you will definately be able to find many that will help you (through advice) do it yourself.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back