Star Wars Vader ESB Saber

Buy now for 400 USD
You don't have the permission to purchase
This is a cool piece, but I don't know much about it. It was purchased here on the RPF awhile back, and was aged and Weathered to resemble the real life prop (I have included an image of the original here for reference). Made from most likely a replica flash gun ( I don't know much about sabers to confirm) and has a steel emitter. The Saber has applied rust details and other wethering and was just used for display. Here is a link from an old thread here discussing the original filming prop:

Thanks for looking!

20240203_095809.jpg20240203_095820.jpg20240203_095829.jpg20240203_095838.jpg20240203_095852.jpg20240203_095843.jpg20240203_095904.jpg20240203_095933.jpg20240203_095946.jpgVADER ESB.png

Last edited:
I would guess the flash is most likely a replica as a genuine MPP can sell for a few thousand. Beautiful hilt at a great price :) Who ever buys it is getting an amazing prop!

Awesome, thanks for the info, ill update the description :)
Posting a picture of the bottom of the hilt might also be a good thing to do as it could be helpful with identifying the replica it could be. If I recall old Parks replicas do not have the 3 rings on the black cap piece? Maybe another member has more knowledge too on MPPs?

Looks great! And very tempting. I started one of my own, but even if I get back to it I doubt it will end up this good.

I'm not an expert, but the red painted S and domed-headed slotted screws make me think it's a Larbel replica. Those features are different on my Parks V1, and Roman's endcap has the 3 rings.

If this has the wanna wanga steel shroud which it seems like it might, I may be interested. I wish it was known what replica it was based on tho I assume it would be a Roman’s since I doubt the emitter would fit something like 89 sabers.

The only person that ever offered cast steel shrouds was roygilsing. MPP replicas are so good now that it's hard to pin down exactly which, but I'm leaning towards this being a Roman's Empire MPP replica, as well.

If this has the wanna wanga steel shroud which it seems like it might, I may be interested. I wish it was known what replica it was based on tho I assume it would be a Roman’s since I doubt the emitter would fit something like 89 sabers.
The only person that ever offered cast steel shrouds was roygilsing. MPP replicas are so good now that it's hard to pin down exactly which, but I'm leaning towards this being a Roman's Empire MPP replica, as well.
I believe that Roman's have the 3 rings on the bottom, at least his latest version. EDIT: Seems maybe to be an older Parks. I'm not an expert by any means so I'm not totally sure.

Last edited:
Roman's MPP replicas have the three rings (now), but I'm not sure of older versions. I know Parks' didn't. I have one. I butchered it trying to make a hodge-podge pommel of a Heiland ringed female cap and it. Wound up buying a replica pommel from Roman's in the end.

...but could be a Parks.

I just checked my Parks hilt to see if any of the details lined up with the provided photos. I can't really pinpoint anything exact other than the colored "S" letter in the port on hilt for sale (my Parks isn't). This is definitely an older MPP replica though if it still sports the straight edged clamps instead of the trapezoid, fully tapered clamp replicas of now, and the missing ringed endcap.

Roman's MPP replicas have the three rings (now), but I'm not sure of older versions. I know Parks' didn't. I have one. I butchered it trying to make a hodge-podge pommel of a Heiland ringed female cap and it. Wound up buying a replica pommel from Roman's in the end.

I just checked my Parks hilt to see if any of the details lined up with the provided photos. I can't really pinpoint anything exact other than the colored "S" letter in the port on hilt for sale (my Parks isn't). This is definitely an older MPP replica though if it still sports the straight edged clamps instead of the trapezoid, fully tapered clamp replicas of now, and the missing ringed endcap.
Maybe the letters have just been colored in as part of the weathering process? Just a thought. Haven't found much on the different MPP replicas.

Can always just swap the tube anyway, especially cause I also just snapped up RPKs last metal bulb release (I know the real one is plastic but metal just feels good, and someday I’ll buy a real mpp for proper accuracy anyway), but I sadly slept on the last Steel ESB shroud that went up and it sold out. Having an extra less accurate mpp tube isn’t the end of the world, i still gotta build an fx one for fx/cosplay anyway. It’s not like it’s unusable.

Nothing wrong about this hilt, at all! It's a lovely piece. Just trying to place the make and maker. I'd just swap the clamp for more accurate offerings that we have now.

Nothing wrong about this hilt, at all! It's a lovely piece. Just trying to place the make and maker. I'd just swap the clamp for more accurate offerings that we have now.
Totally agree, it's beautifully weathered. Looks fantastic with all the little dings and scratches. I'm sure it'll find a new home fairly quickly ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back