STAR WARS - The Acolyte lightsabers

I don't see the Wookiee's saber in that case:
Wookie_Saber.jpg

Meh. To all of them.

Two of them look like they just took the emitter section and shrouds from Cal's saber and just stretched out a tad. Can't unsee that.View attachment 1823678

And this is supposed to still be the High Repulic era where the lightsabers are very elegant and ornate. What happened?

This is the *end* of the High Republic, so it’s after the Guardian Protocols are in effect - shifting the order away from aesthetics and toward utilitarian and militaristic principles. We haven’t seen the end of the Nihil crisis yet, but I’m guessing that the protocols aren’t rolled back in the intervening century (judging by these designs). It makes sense, just… this series is at the muddy edge of an era.

This is the *end* of the High Republic, so it’s after the Guardian Protocols are in effect - shifting the order away from aesthetics and toward utilitarian and militaristic principles. We haven’t seen the end of the Nihil crisis yet, but I’m guessing that the protocols aren’t rolled back in the intervening century (judging by these designs). It makes sense, just… this series is at the muddy edge of an era.
Eh, I don't buy it. Firstly they've "tried" to mimic the High Republic style in the robes. Secondly they should be transitioning into the art deco inspired styles of the Prequels. They should have a certain elegance to them still. But these are just plain and boring.

What's worse is we know they can make good lightsabers in the style. Because the last couple of shows have had new designs that looked half decent.

I've thought long and hard about this the last 24 hours and even though it pains me to do this, i would like to take this opportunity to thank The Acolyte for their new lightsabers. Why, you ask? Because by them producing lightsabers on a multimillion dollar budget, they have achieved something far greater in purpose. That is, they have elevated everyones custom lightsabers on the RPF thread to "Legendary" status.

I'm toying with the idea of going through that thread "show your custom lightsabers" and running a contest/poll or both to come up with the top 10 best customs on the RPF.(excluding my own of course, i would not include mine in the top 10 anyways) and offerring a prize or something, but to ultimately demonstrate the absolute passion, artistry, quality and creativity of you all with a more meek budget to work with. These would be 10 lightsabers that demonstrate all those qualities and more than anything, capture the essence of Star Wars.

I will most likely ask for help on this as their are many customs and will probably have to post a new thread for the selections, poll etc. as i've never done this before , as well as organize a panel of judges etc.

* This is not an attempt to make anyone look bad, but an attempt to celebrate the best work and ultimately, show that on meager means, you all can produce better than what we've been getting on TV/Movies of late. IDK, they must not want to really make money selling anything.

I'm serious about this.(I know i joke a lot) lol. I think i should come up with a criteria for selection first, then get your feedback on that and go from there...stay tuned. Let me know positively or negatively what you think. I will repost this in the other thread as well.

Eh, I don't buy it. Firstly they've "tried" to mimic the High Republic style in the robes. Secondly they should be transitioning into the art deco inspired styles of the Prequels. They should have a certain elegance to them still. But these are just plain and boring.

What's worse is we know they can make good lightsabers in the style. Because the last couple of shows have had new designs that looked half decent.
Half decent? Come one man, Baylan, shin and marrok are awesome designs.

Yes, they're pretty good. Though they look a bit too "manufactured" for my tastes. It would have been nice to use some "found parts" as a a part of the design, since they sit so close in time to the OT.

But I was primarily thinking of sabers going for that Prequel (art deco) style. Which the sabers in Ahsoka aren't.

They were atleast better than the Acolyte ones...more Rebels in appearance, which i can't stand...especially Ezras...both of them are terrible. I agree with Joek3rr with found parts lightsabers. It's a lost art apparently. I'm suprised with all the heavy martial arts theme that they haven't tried lightchucks and lightsai...lol. Oh crap, just gave them ideas...lol

I understand. It's more of a prefference thing. I for one like the more manufactured look (not using found parts).
It's great when we can discuss our tastes on here and not get all upset because we all don't agree on something. I appreciate your response and understand it. I happen to like Darth Revan's Sith lightsaber even though it looks sort of bland and manufactured and i know a lot of people hate it. I think i justify it more because i like his character...lol. But that's a rarity because i prefer a more OT-esque looking one.

I understand. It's more of a prefference thing. I for one like the more manufactured look (not using found parts).
For me it depends on the era. If it's Prequel or Old Republic, I think a "manufactured" look is more correct. For around the OT and just after, it definitely needs to be a "found parts" build. Or at least contain some amount. And I think you can shift into a "manufactured" look as you get farther away from ROTJ.

Meh. To all of them.

Two of them look like they just took the emitter section and shrouds from Cal's saber and just stretched out a tad. Can't unsee that.View attachment 1823678

And this is supposed to still be the High Repulic era where the lightsabers are very elegant and ornate. What happened?
Guardian Protocols.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back