Jecki Lon Comlink from Star Wars: The Acolyte TV Show

a9280d7a-a196-4afc-bd1a-ee1c79385f58.png

Looks great! The design feels like it could be a found object, though probably it isn't.

I do think it's thicker than your model has it, though. The bottom here looks much thicker than your images:

53790985455_898a682b91_h~2.jpg

Once I spotted, had to do it:

and this is a printed version:

Yeah, hollow, my daughter/padawan installed a flashing LED and a slider switch.

This is looking very good but the grill looks off to me. I do not think it extends all the way down to the speaker/mic area. I think it is simply a piece that covers the area without touching. Like a grill on a bbq pit but with a slight dome shape.

Also the grill continues its round shape as it touches the comlink body. It might be a flat contact but there appears to be that curve inward before contact.

This is looking very good but the grill looks off to me. I do not think it extends all the way down to the speaker/mic area. I think it is simply a piece that covers the area without touching. Like a grill on a bbq pit but with a slight dome shape.

Also the grill continues its round shape as it touches the comlink body. It might be a flat contact but there appears to be that curve inward before contact.
Well, I really appreciate your feedback, but I guess this is how it goes:

53791443533_580ef3de23_h.jpg

Looks great! The design feels like it could be a found object, though probably it isn't.

I do think it's thicker than your model has it, though. The bottom here looks much thicker than your images:

View attachment 1830379
You could be true, I am estimating , so I could be wrong in a few mm. Nevertheless, that's not a screen capture, I took a photo from my TV, and the angle a positioned my cellphone could influence in the perspective.

Well, I really appreciate your feedback, but I guess this is how it goes:

View attachment 1830419
I see what you are doing but maybe it’s just an opinion based on perception but something isn’t translating when it comes to the grill. Your first post with the illustration looks great but the actual print looks off. It might be something as simply as the original props grill is two-toned like the top is a reflective chrome like finish and the part of the frill extending down is either black or something dark and/or matte finish. Of course I also realized my criticism is based off only one view of the actual prop. I know that angles, lighting, resolution can play a lot of tricks on the eyes so maybe I would have a different opinion if I saw a different angle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back