STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Anyone else notice the music when the B Wing was first being flown? It was a modified version of the Rocketeer theme when Cliff is first taking off in the Gee Bee.

I'm a little behind so just saw this episode (Wings of the Master) and am still geeking out to the Rocketeer nods!

I'm a little concerned about the overpowered B-wing that was introduced here. For sure if it was as powerful as all that it would've been used a lot more during the Battle of Endor. I know, I know, there was a scene with the B-wings that was cut, but still, that fleet of Star Destroyers would've looked mighty tasty to a B-wing like the one in this episode.

I'm a little behind so just saw this episode (Wings of the Master) and am still geeking out to the Rocketeer nods!

I'm a little concerned about the overpowered B-wing that was introduced here. For sure if it was as powerful as all that it would've been used a lot more during the Battle of Endor. I know, I know, there was a scene with the B-wings that was cut, but still, that fleet of Star Destroyers would've looked mighty tasty to a B-wing like the one in this episode.

Well, those were essentially imperial corvettes so I'm not sure they would be as successful with the star destroyers.

That B-Wing was a prototype too. Every other place the B-Wing has appeared it wasn't that overpowered. Of course now they could make it do whatever they want.

Loved this episode...until the last five seconds. Clearly we have a new threepio.

Again...derivative.

And the disappointing thing is that this new Droid was such a great homage to Alan Rickman (intentional or not). And I loved that.

But then his resurrection was just a more annoying version of threepio.
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
why do you think the lightsabers sound different in the sneak peak? the blades on practice mode?

the light sabers in this series have sounded different from the start. they've messed around with the classic sound from the be gining, I think..
and just like the new super saiyajin sound effect, I don't care for it at all..

the light sabers in this series have sounded different from the start. they've messed around with the classic sound from the be gining, I think..
and just like the new super saiyajin sound effect, I don't care for it at all..

the blades actually looked different too, i went back and youtube the season 2 trailer.. the blades dont look the same as the preview after recon.. i am hoping its the sabers set on stun or something ... didnt know about the super saiyan change

yeah, they look thinner and kind of dimmer than normal..I think.

Dragonball Z threatened to get all new soundeffects for Kai, but they held off. unfortunately, they followed through on Super though, and they sound terrible. half assed compared to the classic sound. that's how the new lightsaber power on sound seems to me. more like a gunshot going off than a 'snap hiss'....with a deep reverb to it.

did anyone else think the imperial robot sounded a little like cad bane in spots?

Same voice actor maybe? Animated shows do tend to use the same actors over and over a lot, and I'm not talking about just the main cast.

AP-5 was played by Stephen Stanton. Has played a lot of voices on the show. Most notably Tarkin. Cad Bane is portrayed by Corey Burton whom also does many other voices on the show.

Same voice actor maybe? Animated shows do tend to use the same actors over and over a lot, and I'm not talking about just the main cast.

yep, I know.... ;o)

but my recording cut off the end credits, and even squished, I couldn't see who it was. the voice actor sounded familiar for some reason, even with the distorted voice... for some reason, my first thought was cad bane.

Ha that rebels recon where they all say they are the voice of Chopper was pretty funny! Good episode. it was nice to learn more about Chopper!

The spiders in the preview look familiar.

1397646772-4df4d864231fd8dc6f8b95b19cc20e6c.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back