STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I hope they debut new episodes in prime time liked they useful do with CW. I liked when they did that because it made it seemed like it wasn't just a kids show. I also liked it because my whole family would sit and watch it together. Now, I know you can record it and watch it later as a family but it is not the same.

I agree... it was more fun on a friday night... gave me something to look forward to at the end of a long day at work.. once they went saturday morning I had to compete with my kids for the 1080p TV or watch it in my bedroom on a tiny tv... and sleeping in meant maybe missing it. I was not a fan of the Saturday morning time slot

9381470438_89e9017c4b_o.jpg

Especially considering Disney can reach into Network as well through ABC, they are going to want to deliver on this in as broad a range as possible considering the resources they can bring to bear.

I can't believe no one is bitching yet about them hinting that Ahsoka might pop up in this show. I think it would be interesting as long as they don't have her running around with lightsabers. It would be neat to see how a Jedi would operate without overtly using the Force or their lightsaber. Yeah we had Obi Wan in ANH, but he was pretty much done hiding then. I'm guessing a lot of the ones that survived probably got killed or caught because they couldn't just go hide and not do anything.

I can't believe no one is bitching yet about them hinting that Ahsoka might pop up in this show. I think it would be interesting as long as they don't have her running around with lightsabers. It would be neat to see how a Jedi would operate without overtly using the Force or their lightsaber. Yeah we had Obi Wan in ANH, but he was pretty much done hiding then. I'm guessing a lot of the ones that survived probably got killed or caught because they couldn't just go hide and not do anything.

It would be nice, though, to know she's survived. She's one of the lot of them that I hope has met with a good fate... But I guess we can find out something along that line with the continuation of TCW, however it pans out...

It would be nice, though, to know she's survived. She's one of the lot of them that I hope has met with a good fate... But I guess we can find out something along that line with the continuation of TCW, however it pans out...

I don't want Ahsoka in there. Although I haven't seen too much of TCW, what I saw I wasn't too fond of. (Black Lightsaber? Really?) What I hope for in Rebels is no Jedi, and no canon overrides.

I don't want Ahsoka in there. Although I haven't seen too much of TCW, what I saw I wasn't too fond of. (Black Lightsaber? Really?) What I hope for in Rebels is no Jedi, and no canon overrides.

Agreed. At this point this is the "everyman" fight that leads to the events of Ep4. :) :thumbsup

Well ,if this is the level of new designs being used my hopes have just nosed dived faster than a Y wing into the Death Star surface. Whilst I was very impressed that they were going with the original TIES and Mc Q X wings in this series the new concept vehicles look very,very weak. My immediate impression is that somebody has just ripped off the " Narcissus " from Alien and taken bits from the Millennium Falcon to graft on to it to make it look more SW. I'd sue if I were Ron Cobb or Ridley. It looks clunky, turtle like and totally amateurish. They can't even have the decency to give it a MF like cockpit. Somebody fire the art director now because either he doesn't know a thing about good spaceship design or he hasn't watched enough classic sci fi films to immediately recognize plagiarism. I know they need to keep the level of detail low on a ship for the purposes of animation but this just looks awful.

Last edited:
If it's supposed to be another Corellian Engineering Corp. freighter, then I have no problem with it looking similar to their other designs. If it's some other kind of freighter, then yeah, bit uninspired. But at the same time, I think they're trying to walk a delicate line between original designs, and designs that have the "look" of the era and which harken back to the designs of the OT.

Actually, something that bugged me a bit about the PT designs was how different companies seemed to be mixing design features. Like, the Jedi starfighters featured TIE-style cockpits and solar panels, but a design similar to A-wings. It'd make more sense if you saw more consistency WITHIN a manufacturer's line of ships, unless the story goes that engineers left one company to go to another or whatever. I mean, granted, that's all backstory, but it just seemed weird to me and more like they just wanted a mishmash of old-ish designs mixed in with the newer stuff.

Other things, though, made zero sense to me and just looked weird, like the V-wing.

Are the characters going to be animated in the same style as clone wars? I just can't get into that look.

Cartoon styles are always weird in one way or another; these just to a different degree. The artwork shown so far of Rebels is very limited but it
doesn't really look to lend itself to the same style as TCW characters.

I think this design is not "corellian enough" and needs more work.... having said that, I'm pretty sure it was said these early teasers are still concept designs and will most likely get tweaked and changed a bit in the final digital design. I'd like to see some missing panels and battle damage like the Falcon had... also it needs something off center... something to make it more asymmetrical somehow which is how the falcon looked. right now I'm not falling in love with the "Ghost".

Well ,if this is the level of new designs being used my hopes have just nosed dived faster than a Y wing into the Death Star surface. Whilst I was very impressed that they were going with the original TIES and Mc Q X wings in this series the new concept vehicles look very,very weak. My immediate impression is that somebody has just ripped off the " Narcissus " from Alien and taken bits from the Millennium Falcon to graft on to it to make it look more SW. I'd sue if I were Ron Cobb or Ridley. It looks clunky, turtle like and totally amateurish. They can't even have the decency to give it a MF like cockpit. Somebody fire the art director now because either he doesn't know a thing about good spaceship design or he hasn't watched enough classic sci fi films to immediately recognize plagiarism. I know they need to keep the level of detail low on a ship for the purposes of animation but this just looks awful.

I don't know, when I first saw it, I knew it was Corellian. I don' think you need every Correllian ship to be variations on the same design. Why would it be. It's like saying that a B2 Stealth bomber is not an American aircraft because you know a F-16 Fighter is an american aircraft and do not look similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Cartoon styles are always weird in one way or another; these just to a different degree. The artwork shown so far of Rebels is very limited but it
doesn't really look to lend itself to the same style as TCW characters.

I noticed that on the astromech droid artwork shown on the panel, much more detail/correct shaping this time around.

^I think it's all more of a McQuarrie-inspired look, which is definitely fine by me. I wasn't vehemently opposed to the look of TCW by any means, but it took some getting used to.

Since ABC was brought up, I thought this might interest some: The new animated series might not be on ABC but there is initial conversations to bring the live action TV series to ABC...

ABC President on Star Wars TV Series Possibilities: "We've Started Conversations" - IGN

- - - Updated - - -

Since ABC was brought up, I thought this might interest some: The new animated series might not be on ABC but there is initial conversations to bring the live action TV series to ABC...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/04/abc-president-on-star-wars-tv-series-possibilities-weve-started-conversations

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back