STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

What the What?

Awesome way to wrap up the series in an hour and a half. I really did not think they had enough time.

Of course, I should have expected it. While I have enjoyed this series, my biggest complaint has been long drawn out setups, with extremely quick payoffs, more questions, or leaving open items.

I expected an Ezra / Thrawn stinger, but loved the post ROTJ ending.

A few things panned out like I thought at the end.
1. Kanan died. I think most people expected it. It seems the classic hero journey where the hero must find success without his master (Ben to Luke). Also it helps the audience wonder if any other main character might also die before the series ends (think Wash from Serenity or Tucker from Enterprise).
2. Ezra lived, yet temporally removed from the story as to not conflict with the existing saga. I did not expect him to die. Not because because of the lame "kid show" reason but because it would just copy the way Kanan's story ended.
3. Thrawn lived yet temporally lost to the Empire.

I expect Thrawn to return to canon again in someway in some sort of retelling of the Thrawn Trilogy. Much like how the MCU retells classic marvel hero stories from the comics but changes them to new yet follow similar classic story lines.

With that in mind, I have to wonder if Dave F. is going to pursue the next series as something that follows Thrawn's return but maybe with Ahsoka, Sabine, and Ezra rather than Luke, Han, and Leia. They could also re-introduce characters like Talon Karrde and Mara Jade even if those characters don't go on to follow the known stories of the legends series.

Once again I admit a certain bias for Mara which is probably more hope than anything but I think Dave F. already planted the seed in Rebels about Mara's return when he mentioned and re-introduced to canon the term "Emperor's Hand" for Gar Saxon, the Imperial Viceroy of Mandalore,

How about those Royal Guards and force pikes in action?!?

Speaking of epilogues, Ahsoka know about Luke?

Overall an excellent end to an excellent series.

Just watched the finale. Amazing!! It was a wonderful end to this show. That was some damn good Star Wars!

I admit, I liked Ezra so much better in these 2 episodes than I did the entire series. I was genuinely bummed to say goodbye to him, although it doesn't seem like this is the last we've seen of him. Now I'm very curious to see what LFL has planned for their next animated show! If it's about Sabine/Ahsoka searching for Ezra and Thrawn helping to rebuild the Empire in the form of the First Order, I will be extremely excited!!

ok i just thought of something... got back out of bed to post this... so get this... ready?!

so we know with the recon, ezra jumped with the whales and thrawn into unknown space... and sabine and ahoska (a few years later have set off on a mission to find him)

we also know from the recon, pap's with his magic could hear ezra in the void world...

so... in the new novels, someone in the unknown regions has been reaching out and trying to contact palpatine. paps has set up secret communication bases all over the galaxy, one of the biggest on jakku....

so all this time everyone has thought it was snoke trying to contact pap's... what if it was ezra?! we know ezra and pap's have a little mental connection already with paps doing his blue magic to listen in and find him...

and seeing all this time travel, everything happens for a reason thing, i think it would be a crazy twist if it was ezra this whole time toying with pap's...

Well that was cool! I didn't expect a post-ROTJ coda!

I didn't think there was any space in the previous episodes' proceedings (post-I love you) for baby-makin' time. ?

So you can use the Force over the holonet now?

MJF your thoughts of what might be coming sound solid!

ok i just thought of something... got back out of bed to post this...
so get this... ready?!

so we know with the recon, ezra jumped with the whales and thrawn into unknown space... and sabine and ahoska (a few years later have set off on a mission to find him)

we also know from the recon, pap's with his magic could hear ezra in the void world...

so... in the new novels, someone in the unknown regions has been reaching out and trying to contact palpatine. paps has set up secret communication bases all over the galaxy, one of the biggest on jakku....

so all this time everyone has thought it was snoke trying to contact pap's... what if it was ezra?! we know ezra and pap's have a little mental connection already with paps doing his blue magic to listen in and find him...

and seeing all this time travel, everything happens for a reason thing, i think it would be a crazy twist if it was ezra this whole time toying with pap's...

Or Thrawn ?

Wonder if Jacen Sundulla-Dume will perish in the flames of a certain academy in a couple of decades...

Or else one of the ones that went with Ben to become the Knights of Ren...

So you can use the Force over the holonet now?

Don't see why not. Vader choked Veers via viewscreen. Leia felt Han die from light-years away. Luke saw his friends in pain on Cloud City from Dagobah. Physical distance is no obstacle to the Force. Only one's own self-doubt.

--Jonah

now THAT is how you do Star Wars. those last four episodes were so epic, that has to be up there with the best Star Wars ever put on screen. The story, the action, the payoff, the character development, all was perfect. All the things from the past seasons coming back, yes even space whales, make the rest of the show better in my eyes. This left me not just wanting, but NEEDING more of this! They must continue this story, period :lol And that epilogue was great, I loved how it was post ROTJ and confirmed many things, including that Rex was indeed at Endor lol. I can't wait to see more of what ever Dave Filoni brings us next

https://youtu.be/uR8Sn_2VRBA

I loved how it ended.

So what do we think? Next series picks up with Ashoka and Sabine searching for Ezra. Maybe Thrawn’s return to unite the last remnants of the fractured Empire.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/family-reunion-31_0d702be9.jpeg

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/family-reunion-32_00110ec8.jpeg

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/family-reunion-33_436890a6.jpeg

in the thrawn book, he wasnt really an Imperial... He was more spying and was planted into the empire to see if they were a threat to the chiss. Which they were NOT. I think by out smarting him Ezra will have gained his favor?

Don't see why not. Vader choked Veers via viewscreen. Leia felt Han die from light-years away. Luke saw his friends in pain on Cloud City from Dagobah.
You mean Ozzel. :) He was elsewhere in the fleet, nearby. Han's death and Luke's friends were momentous personal disturbances in the force from the user's perspective, and that was sensing, not DOING. Removing manacles? Nah. ;) Why would Palpatine even need a holo then? Just manifest.

Last edited:
Oh, and didja hear the Pelleaon name drop? :)
Yeah, I caught that!
It’s too bad that the Rebels animation couldn’t handle robes very well, cuz I think that would have linked the royal guards better to the movie. But how cool wa that? What was with their pikes? That was new!
All in all, loved it!

Very good ending. And yes, I loved the coda. It was perfect. These characters have really grown on me

It's funny how it didn't acknowledge the sequel trilogy. It was really the George Lucas happy ending from 1983.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm glad Thrawn did NOT die because I want him to go back to his own area and have adventures with his old shipmate!

Halliwax - I don't think Ezra and the EMp have any connection wherever he went.

I doubt Jacen was at the academy he would have been in his 20s.

Hoping next undertaking is a Sabine?Ahsoka show. Definitely seems to be Sabine because the VA stated Dave Filoni has trusted her with some details.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back