STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-w...eveals-new-insight-on-obi-wans-tatooine-exile

Interesting info on the Obi Wan Tatooine episode. I like the idea he has that Obi Wan has become the "ultimate Jedi" because he has lost everything and given up everything to protecting Luke. I never thought about it like that. He's kind of brought the Jedi back to what they should have been.

I'll disagree. One of the reason the Jedi had so many issues was because they had gone down a path of detachment, etc.

I think *some* Jedi might be strong enough to overcome an attachment to a wife, girlfriend, child, etc., but as we saw with Anakin it is a very great threat. So there's a reason why attachments are forbidden.

One of the reasons we're told in the movies is that they had become arrogant. They got too involved in things they shouldn't generally be handling (part of Sidious' plot) among other things. Above all they were so sure of themselves that they believed they had destroyed the Sith, so they didn't even look for signs of their presence.

I think *some* Jedi might be strong enough to overcome an attachment to a wife, girlfriend, child, etc., but as we saw with Anakin it is a very great threat. So there's a reason why attachments are forbidden.

One of the reasons we're told in the movies is that they had become arrogant. They got too involved in things they shouldn't generally be handling (part of Sidious' plot) among other things. Above all they were so sure of themselves that they believed they had destroyed the Sith, so they didn't even look for signs of their presence.

That's because prequel anakin was an idiot. I don't care how much you love your wife, no one just up and slaughters a bunch of INNOCENT kids to theoretically save your wife.

I've been told before the Clone Wards does a much better job with Anakin - and indeed, they do, but - no. No one with half a brain cell would do what he did and claim it's out of love or attachment.

I actually liked it!

As much as I love sabine's story, I really wish they were holding back the mandalore story for the standalone obi-wan stuff

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I liked it. Looks like this final season will conclude with the battle of Scarrif, I think it was implied with the last lines spoken by Ezra and Kanan.

^ Not what I take away from it. Trying to parse story sequence from the jumble of moments that is a season trailer is always... tricky. I think we're going to end somewhat short of Scarif.

I have a feeling, especially from some of his dialogue in the trailer (about various ways to fight) that he and Ezra are going to go hide away somewhere. As I've said before, they have to do that or kill them off to avoid people asking why no one in the Rebellion ever told Luke about all the other Jedi that used to hang around.

The First Six Episode Titles of 'Star Wars Rebels' Season Four Revealed
There is still over a month until the fourth and final season of Star Wars Rebels starts airing on Disney XD (read my advance review of the premiere from Fan Expo in Toronto here), but we now have the episode titles for the first six episodes of season four. The titles and air dates were revealed on Zap2It (and first reported by Jedi-Bibliotek). Check them out below,

Episodes 1 & 2: "Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1 & 2" (October 16, 2017)
Episodes 3 & 4: "In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1 & 2" (October 23, 2017)
Episode 5: "The Occupation" (October 30, 2017)
Episode 6: "Flight of the Defender" (October 30, 2017)

In addition, Lucasfilm announced that episodes of Rebels will air throughout the day, starting at 12:30am (yes, half past midnight). Lucasfilm PR representative Tracy Cannobbio revealed on Twitter all the air times throughout the day on Mondays,

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling, especially from some of his dialogue in the trailer (about various ways to fight) that he and Ezra are going to go hide away somewhere. As I've said before, they have to do that or kill them off to avoid people asking why no one in the Rebellion ever told Luke about all the other Jedi that used to hang around.

Technically speaking, neither Kanan nor Ezra are Jedis so there's sort of an out. Kanan was a Padawan but didn't get promoted to Jedi before Order 66 and Ezra never even went to the Jedi Academy. I will freely admit, though, that this is just a technicality and while it may work for Yoda and Obi-Wan, but for everyone else, like Leia, Kanan and Ezra are Jedi regardless of whether they formally received the title or not.

Technically speaking, neither Kanan nor Ezra are Jedis so there's sort of an out. Kanan was a Padawan but didn't get promoted to Jedi before Order 66 and Ezra never even went to the Jedi Academy. I will freely admit, though, that this is just a technicality and while it may work for Yoda and Obi-Wan, but for everyone else, like Leia, Kanan and Ezra are Jedi regardless of whether they formally received the title or not.

Yoda made Kanan a knight.

'Member?

2001-RandyMemberriesCouch.gif

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back